Does anyone else here wash daily???

atl_mulattamami

Hey I was just wondering if I'm the only one who washes their hair daily? I think this is what keeps my hair so healthy. Even though I cut my hair off for the BC it's growing really fast and I think the daily washing has a lot to do with it. Even before my BC I would wash daily and I always had super thick, healthy, mid-back length hair; I never had dry hair or breakage until I overprocessed it with a permanant hair color which is why I had to do the BC so early. Who else does daily washings? What do you think it does for you?

Last edited:
Yes. I do conditioner washes daily and I'm noticing some nice growth. :)

Daily washing keeps my hair moisturized. In addition, I believe it keeps my folicles clean so that hair can push through without the obstruction of oil/dirt/product/sebum.

Last edited:
I started doing daily cond washes a few wks ago. I haven't notice anything yet.

I before that, I was doing them every other day. I didn't see faster growth from that either. :(

I hope my hair will respond to the daily washing. :)

I starting CO washing for the first time this past week and I've been doing it daily. Is it safe to use a mild shampoo and wash daily?

i wash daily in the summer mostly, i co after the gym or after being outside in the heat all day & sometimes small amt of shampoo on the scalp only(1 lather)when its really dirty.

i've been doing it pretty much daily since july. i hadn't noticed much growth until i looked at my bangs, which i accidentally hacked an inch or 2 off instead of a simple trim and were damaged from too much flatironing, had grown almost back to where they started from! the front of my hair grows fastest anyways, though.

but anyways, daily washing keeps my hair very moisturized, which i really need because my hair just sucks up moisture because its so porous, but stays super dry.

Oh, the co wash.
I love it so. My hair thrives on it. My hair loves the moisture and I have had no ill effects from this. My hair is straight right now ( I do this twice a month) and I'm admiring the thick feel and sheen. I can say it looks healthy to me. I know I'm rambling, but this has been one of the key ingredients in my routine. I also like the convience of the wash n' go. Don't have to worry about rain (gonna wash it anyway), Oh its dusty outside (gonna wash it anyway).

anky said:
I've been doing it daily for over two years. Big thread about it. let's make another :yep:

Anky, since I have taken my braids out I have been CO washing daily. I put in Equenne Leave In Conditioner (a nice creamy leave in made by Straight Arrow, the makers of Mane and Tail) and bun. Of course, it is summer and easy (and feels good) doing, but is you regimen of condition washing only done in warm weather?

Last edited:
I've been washing every day or at least every other day since March when I did my BC. My hair has really responded well to it and it's definitely growing faster now :yep: I've sort of become addicted to washing my hair now :lol:

I have been doing daily conditioner washes for the past month and my hair is doing 100% better. Much thicker, very moistuized, and even my shedding slowed down about 75%. I shampoo when I feel build up. I'm also 10 weeks post and my new growth is so soft that I know I could last much longer.

Yep i was, but I had to stop for a while, i had inidividuals in and couldfn't risk them matting up to much, i usually cw daily when i wear cornrows but i've been busy, my hair grows out faster, thicker and more moisturised.

In March and April I began daily co washes, using shampoo once a week. My hair grew 1" a month. The thickness and shine was remarkable, and I didn't have the least bit of a problem with split ends. I started daily washing again in June, and I have had some great growth. I agree, its like I am addicted to washing my hair too. I use shampoo about 1-2 times a week. My new growth is very manageable and my shedding has slowed WAY down. No breakage here either. Daily washing is just great for me.

brownhaired_bonanza said:
Guess I'm in the minority here. :look: I just don't have the kind of time to wash my hair every day. Once a week is about all it gets. :ohwell:

LOL. I just slap on the conditioner while I'm in the shower. When its time to get out, I rinse. Spray and slather on a little leave-in, do four big braids, satin scarf. That's it. I have to be about simplicity working full-time and going to school full-time in the evenings. :look:

Jewell said:
LOL. I just slap on the conditioner while I'm in the shower. When its time to get out, I rinse. Spray and slather on a little leave-in, do four big braids, satin scarf. That's it. I have to be about simplicity working full-time and going to school full-time in the evenings. :look:

It sounds simple enough, but how long does it take to dry before you put on the scarf? I can't imagine how long it would take my hair to airdry.

i remember when i started washing my hair everyday because i went swimming everyday and i had to wash the chlorine out. and my hair grew but it was also the summer time so maybe the warm weather had something to do with it also. i think by washing everyday you get more moisture and your scalp stays clean which promotes growth. unfortunately i can't wash my hair everyday. unless i'd wear a fro everyday which isn't something i'd do.

I do daily co washes when not in braids and my hair loves it I also found out finding the right conditioner makes a difference.
Vo5 conditioners caused a lot of buildup on my hair,DDTA has spoiled my hair with the great slip and detangling and my does not respond the same when I change to another conditioner for co washes.

It sounds simple enough, but how long does it take to dry before you put on the scarf? I can't imagine how long it would take my hair to airdry.

I do wash 'n goes. This has saved a lot of time and effort. You should try some curl activators.

i loved doing this when i was natural, my hair stayed soft and moisturised and grew out very quickly. i stopped though when i texturized it last year, but i think i'm going to start again

czyfaith77 said:
Anky, since I have taken my braids out I have been CO washing daily. I put in Equenne Leave In Conditioner (a nice creamy leave in made by Straight Arrow, the makers of Mane and Tail) and bun. Of course, it is summer and easy (and feels good) doing, but is you regimen of condition washing only done in warm weather?

We don't have cold weather here.

I braid my hair while its still damp. Typically it is semi-dry in the morning. Good enough for my usual braidout. I almost ALWAYS air dry my hair.

Typically, I CO wash daily. Today was the first day I attempted 2nd day hair. My hair looks decent, but it feels dirty. I've gotten so used to wetting it daily. I think conditioner washing daily has been really beneficial for the over all condition of my hair.

I started daily co washes again in July and my hair is thriving. I had major thinning after taking out a sew-in weave and this has helped tremendously in gaining back my thickness.

i might try co washing every day to see how my hair responds- the only thing is i live in england so thw weather is cold :ohwell:

The first time, I did a conditioner wash for three months, and I was suprised how my hair grew so much, at the time, my hair stretched to mid ear length, after conditioner wash for three months, my hair reached chin length. Then I stopped doing it, and I found, that my hair was always dry, now I do it every day, sometimes, I don't do the conditioner wash, I just soak my hair in water. My hair has got very thick and it seems to be doing very well, especially as I use the Main and Tail conditioner. I am very pleased with the results of my hair.

I've been doing co washes every other day in the summer, and my hair feels better. No major growth spurt, but my new growth is softer and the strands are stronger with more elasticity.

I like the results.

Last edited:
Miosy said:
I have been doing daily conditioner washes for the past month and my hair is doing 100% better. Much thicker, very moistuized, and even my shedding slowed down about 75%. I shampoo when I feel build up. I'm also 10 weeks post and my new growth is so soft that I know I could last much longer.

Besides Miosy is anyone else daily washing while relaxed?

Back