Does anyone else here wash daily???

I LOVE washing daily:) I generally use conditioner, but sometimes I'll use shampoo a few times a week (no more than 3).

I never noticed whether or not it contributed to growth, I just love having clean-smelling hair everyday! It also is a great way to make sure I'm massaging my scalp daily - which I've heard is excellent for growth.

SG

I'm relaxed and wash almost daily. I like to do it at night and do the stretched ponytail method overnight. Doing it at night really helps me from being tempted to use heat or face the elements with a cold head. I think it makes my hair more elastic and I don't need to use as much product to get my hair nice and soft ;).

I did the BC in April and I have CW almost every day. If I don't wash my hair, I wake up looking like a cone head :eek: . I have minimal shedding and my hair is the healthiest it has ever been.

I do daily cowashes and I love it! I think my hair is healthier than it's been in a very long time. I wish I had known about this years ago.

I'm relaxed and I washed or rinsed my hair everyday for a month (last month). My hair stopped shedding, I got nearly zero breakage and it always smelled good.

I wash/rinse at night in the shower and put it a bun or 4 cornrows, throw on a scarf and go to bed. In the morning my braids are dry enough for my braidout updo. Now I'm addicted!

I am five weeks and would love to stretch to 12 weeks I will try to do do daily cw until I meet that mark!! I am 4b, very kinky, and thick!!! What is everyone doing as styles???

My hair absolutely loves conditioner washes. I do it everyday except when I have twists in that I do it weekly.

I may have to switch up the VO5 fresia Conditioner since VO5 causes backup.

I was doing it daily at the beginning of the summer, now I'm washing about every other day! Or at least 3 times a week! My hair is more manageable because of the frequent washings/conditionings!:yep:

SouthernGirl said:
I LOVE washing daily:) I generally use conditioner, but sometimes I'll use shampoo a few times a week (no more than 3).

I never noticed whether or not it contributed to growth, I just love having clean-smelling hair everyday! It also is a great way to make sure I'm massaging my scalp daily - which I've heard is excellent for growth.

SG
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChocoKitty (and other naturals who wash daily)

What do you do with your hair after you co-wash it? Meaning, how do you dry it? And how do you style it? I'm very interested in doing this...and I'm thinking I'll have to do it because mandatory 3-4 hour workouts start on Monday...but I have NO IDEA what to do with my hair after. How to style it and let it dry.

...thanks!

sweetpeadst said:
Also what products are you using when daily cw and/or washing???

I use Original Mane N Tail for my CO washes. If I run out, I have some lines that I no longer use that I want to finish up before I toss out so I use those.

I use Salon Care Moisturising Conditioner from Sally's for CW's. On shampoo days it's usually Nacidit Oilive Oil shampoo and Miss Keys 10 en 1 conditioner.

I do and find that it helps with the health of my hair. It's just difficult because it looks more professional for me to come into work with straight hair. :( However, I think wash and gos are very good for your hair especially if you bun it up and protect those ends all day. :yep:

wyldcurlz said:
ChocoKitty (and other naturals who wash daily)

What do you do with your hair after you co-wash it? Meaning, how do you dry it? And how do you style it? I'm very interested in doing this...and I'm thinking I'll have to do it because mandatory 3-4 hour workouts start on Monday...but I have NO IDEA what to do with my hair after. How to style it and let it dry.

...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeadst
Also what products are you using when daily cw and/or washing???

Since it's the summer I let it airdry in a pony or I wear a bun.
I slick my hair back with Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue and use Curly Pudding on the length of my pony.

I CW with Mane N' Tail and Garnier Smooth & Sleek for dry damaged hair conditioners.

When I wash I use M n' T, Aveda Sap Moss, and I've gotten very nice results with Matrix Curl.Life.
:)

sweetpeadst said:
DOes MNT have to much protien for everyday???

Not for me. I think there have been others that felt it was too much protein to use on a daily basis, but it hasn't affected my hair adversely.

Well we know that it hasn't for you with all that gawjus hair!!! I will try it!!! I am almost 6 weeks post and trying to get to armpit by December (not very likly it will happen since my set back) but, I am still trying! I am currently using NTM Daily Conditioner I have done the CW since I said on my post!! So far so good!! IAfeter I rince I put some MTG on my scalp and Salerm 21 and EVOO or Asha's Omega Oil on my lengths and twist it p or let it airdry!

This thread really helps me to stay motivated! I was thinking about getting some kinky twist do you think that I could still daily wash!!

Is it possible to CO wash daily while in braids? I'm thinking most conditioners will be too thick to wash out of braids, eventually clogging the pores, defeating the purpose right?

Baha_Ma said:
Is it possible to CO wash daily while in braids? I'm thinking most conditioners will be too thick to wash out of braids, eventually clogging the pores, defeating the purpose right?
I thought I read something on about the Crown and Glory method they washing their hair or rinsing it often????

anky said:
We don't have cold weather here.

Oh okay, I live in North Carolina and we can get there! lol I guess I can do a wash at night and wear a hat in the mornings. When I use to wash and wrap my hair at night, my hair would dry about 90%. I guess I can do this and bun. It would take much longer to dry.

My other option is to use caruso rollers which I plan to this fall/and winter. The whole thing that I love about daily washes is that I don't have product buildup (which I hate cause it makes my hair stiff) and the moisture. There is a tremendous difference inmy hair due to the moisture. It is as if it has changed to another texture (I know it hasn't) but it really feels different and is lighter and fluffier. :)

Last edited:
Baha_Ma said:

I washed daily with braids. What I did was dilute the conditioner. What really worked well with braids if you want to condition was spraying Infusium 23 Leave-in Conditioner (the moisturzing one). I get the most growth with braids. I use the Crown and Glory Method. I wear them 2-3 months and with each wearing I get 2-3 inches. Love it! Currently, I am looking for a braid style for the late fall. I am trying to reach my end of the year goal to reach 12 inches. I have 3.5- 4 inches to go. This will put me at Armpit/ Right above bra strap. If anyone has any other suggestions just let me know.

NYRICAN1 said:
I would like to know this too since when I take out my cornrows I will be doing cowashes daily. thanx

Hi Nyrican,

I also co wash daily and use MTG. What I do is, as soon as I get home, I apply my MTG since I wash in the morning before work... That way the MTG gets at least twelve hours on my head before I rinse it out in the morning.

Heck somedays I go to work all stinkin' !!!! It usually airs out by lunch anyway, and if anyone does comment I just tell 'em it's my conditioner. If they don't like, then just don't sniff when you're near my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I got sooo off topic, but yes, I co wach daily and use MTG. And the same folks that smell my head on the days I don't co wash, are the same ones marveling at how my hair has grown this past month.....

HTH
~CHAMPIONGURL

championgurl said:
Hi Nyrican,

I also co wash daily and use MTG. What I do is, as soon as I get home, I apply my MTG since I wash in the morning before work... That way the MTG gets at least twelve hours on my head before I rinse it out in the morning.

Heck somedays I go to work all stinkin' !!!! It usually airs out by lunch anyway, and if anyone does comment I just tell 'em it's my conditioner. If they don't like, then just don't sniff when you're near my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I got sooo off topic, but yes, I co wach daily and use MTG. And the same folks that smell my head on the days I don't co wash, are the same ones marveling at how my hair has grown this past month.....

HTH
~CHAMPIONGURL

thanx championgurl

Im on the mtg wagon now!!!! :lol: :lol:

Back