Does anyone else experience excessive shedding while using Kenra MC?

Michelle79

My hair has been shedding alot lately. I figured it had something to do with with my diet (I switched back to low carb about 3 months ago) & regular summer shedding. However last night when I was conditioning my hair alot of it was coming out while I was applying the Kenra. I know Kenra is very elastic so I'm thinking maybe that I'm using too much (about a small handful) or using it too often (once a week). Does anyone have any insight?

TIA

kenra has been a staple for about 3 years now and I have had nothing but great results. I have never experience shedding due to kenra it is usually because I need protein.

Because Kenra is so moisture rich, I don't use it very often. Maybe every 3 wks or so, or if my hair is feeling extra thirsty and a little does go a long way. Hopefully the Joico will slow down your excessive shedding issues as well.

i dont get shedding when i use it but i dont get moisture either. i have a 10oz bottle that i've had for months and its taking me forever to use it because it does nothing for my hair. i just hate throwing products away.

i dont get shedding when i use it but i dont get moisture either. i have a 10oz bottle that i've had for months and its taking me forever to use it because it does nothing for my hair. i just hate throwing products away.

Me too. :ohwell: About the only use I found for it was as a gel on my ng when I was stretching. :perplexed

Yes, but I think it is because I only detangle once a week or once every two weeks. I don't think Kenra has anything to do with the shedding...

That actually sounds like you might be having an allergic/adverse reaction to something in the ingredients. I just can't imagine overconditioning from using it once a week. I have had adverse reactions to specific conditioners which caused major, major shedding. I've never had that intense shedding happen again since I stopped using them or other conditioners of that type.

That actually sounds like you might be having an allergic/adverse reaction to something in the ingredients. I just can't imagine overconditioning from using it once a week. I have had adverse reactions to specific conditioners which caused major, major shedding. I've never had that intense shedding happen again since I stopped using them or other conditioners of that type.

That's what it sounds like to me. This happened to me, irritation, shedding, lost hair from the Carol's daughter smoothie. I would stop using it immediately

I was shedding like crazy before I started using Kenra. So I know that's not my problem. And I've been shedding a bit less now. Maybe you are allergic to the ingredients as the OP's have stated.

Let us know what happens when you switch to another conditioner.

This sums up my experience with Kenra. I gave it to my dh.

I don't know about an allergic reaction. I've been using Kenra for almost 4 years & this has never happened to me. Did they change the ingredients?

My hair has been shedding alot anyway with or without Kenra, I was just wondering if the Kenra was making it worse. I really think it's my diet and/or regular summer shedding.

I'll lay of the Kenra for a few weeks to see if that's the culprit.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions/opinions. You guys never disappoint! :)

wow this is so strange.I was just wondering if I should lay off the Kenra MC for a while.I thought I was shedding because I used too much protein but I think it may be the kenra.My hair started coming out from the root when I went to DC with it this morning.I washed it out and used healthy sexy hair conditioner and my hair was fine-no shedding.I've been using the same 1/2 gal. jug for months so I wonder what went wrong.

Hey Ladies,

I think I know what the problem is. I haven't been using a protein conditioner before I use Kenra. I'm so absent-minded that I forgot all about protein!! I had some Aveda DR & when I ran out I didn't get anymore. I feel like such a idiot. :(

Back