Does Anyone Else Basically Do "nothing" To Their Hair?

I "do nothing" as far as manipulation goes. After I cowash, I put my leave -in then seal it with argan oil, throw it back in a wet bun and call it a day. :) I'll never have bangs again for this reason. :spinning:

Since I workout often, I have to wash my hair more than once a week. I found that the less I washed (cowash and shampoo) the drier my hair got, so the every two week thing doesn't work.

With that said, I wash, condition or DC and style. Even while transitioning, my hair is easy to detangle so that doesn't take long. I M & S between washes but that doesn't take much time.

I guess I'm more balanced between doing nothing and doing too much.

I keep it simple. Shampoo and DC once a week and then style with my L.O.G (leave in, oil, gel) routine and call it a week. I just spritz it with water throughout the week it my hair gets smushed in my satin scarf or if it's a little dry. Style wise it's either a curly fro or puff (although I'm looking to try one more style) with a blowout once every few months.

I'm relaxed and I don't really do that much to my hair. I want to get more into trying out different hairstyles this year instead of wearing it in the usual straight down or ponytail look. My new favorite style right now are space buns :)

I could never be lazy with my hair, because for me, taking care of my hair is a therapeutic and pampering session .....i never feel exhausted or tired with the various steps and i approach my hair based on it's needs.....For instance i don't prepoo at every wash, only if i feel i have been in braids for a while and take it down , planning to do a protein treatment..i also don't deep condition these days for more than an hour except i'm deep conditioning whilst taking a nap or sleeping overnight. I do water rinses once a week in my braids, which to me are so easy. I don't cowash anymore, just use a sulphate free shampoo and clarify once a month with ACV... i am in my 3rd year of growing my hair and still quite passionate about my hair and it's needs, so i baggy when i remember of if i feel my hair is dry, i invert cos i have a friend i invert with so it doesn't feel like a task, i keep a journal on the important hair dates, i also try vitamins and supplements for hair growth (i actually think it's exciting to see if it works or not)...i adore mixing products so i tend to mix a lot of growth oils for friends.....maybe at some point of my journey i will get tired, but in the meantime i am still enjoying it!

I should also mention that when it comes to styling my hair, i am absolutely not interested and very okay with just bunning it

Last edited:
I can't... I don't think I have a crazy regimen but my natural hair requires a lot more attention and hands on than my relaxed hair. If it's in a twist out, I must retwist it. There's daily handling of my hair for the most part. I think another part of that is that my natural hair isn't long enough quite yet to do more lazy and cute styles with. I find straight hair much easier to do 'nothing' with.

I'm pretty simple with my hair now. I protective style 90% of the time and when I do rarely leave my hair out I put it in a bun. Now I wash condition apply leave in blow-dry and get my hair braided in a beehive the ONLY thing I do during the week is spray my leave in/oil mix on my braids and go. All of my wigs have the combs removed and oil applied around the band so I don't have to worry about doing that everyday.

I am seriously hair lazy and see no reason to stop. I'm water only, and even when I hear some other WO routines that involve herbal DCs every 2 weeks, I'm like 'whoa! getting complicated aren't we?'

I rinse as needed and lightly scritch and preen as needed. My hair is moisturized and soft (though I think this is greatly internal mgmt), I sleep with it loose and sometimes flat twisted (my flat twists suuuuuuck). I fingercomb once in a while but not on schedule or before/after rinsing. My pillowcase is satin, but cotton and I use a regular towel.

There's no way I'm styling everyday, I barely have the energy to do a few lazy flat twists, I get through 2 fingercoils and need to check my email. I dislike oils and conditioners and have no energy for herbs and kitchen science anymore - though discovering new things (that I won't use again) was a lot of fun. I never did HOTs/DCs etc when I pressed as a child, when I was permed, or when I returned natural and don't plan to start. Even when I used product I rarely ever got tangles, splits, SSKs, knots so I consider my hair extremely easy, and for that I'm grateful because otherwise I'd be happily rockin' a shaved head (done it 3x already). I do know my health has suffered due to recent stress and diet so my hair looks blah and I'd like to get that back in shape.

Also getting back into wigs this year once I figure out how to cornrow so I can stop this weekly flat twisting.

Back