What re the naturals using to moisturise their hair?

daily-moisture VO5 split ends seal castor oil
after cowash/wash- moisture bedhead moiture mainiac seal castor

Coconut and Olive Oil both penetrate through the shaft. There may be others that do this as well, but those are the two that I know of.

I had my doubts about these two oils (3 if you count jojoba oil). I've tried coconut and it leaves my hair feeling dry and hard (jojoba does the same) after a couple days but olive oil is the bomb.

I'm not one to holler praises of too many things but olive oil really does do amazing things.

I just started using my half aloe vera juice and half glycerin mix. There is a thread on it. Best moisturizer I have used since going natural.

When I wear my natural hair straightened, I used hair grease to moisturize.

When my hair is in it's natural state, I use Aussie Moist Conditioner to moisturize.

water and conditioner. Hello Hydration, Hydralicious. my hair loves it--everything else causes too much build up

In addition to cowashing often, I use a spritz concoction I make with aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil, and water. At night I alternate between sweet almond oil (really like this :yep:) and castor oil.

I haven't really experimented w too much but have all the stuff in my house to make concoctions. I stick to a condition (devacare one and jessicurl deep con txtment) as my leave in and then rub a shea butter mix in a few mins after. I'm tryng to keep it simple for the first couple of months and trying to use up products before I buy more. I need some more juices and berries I like that spray when I wear my hair out and I need some moisture will being at work for 13hrs. Hth

I use the Africa's Best Organics Olive oil Lock and twist gel. Love the stuff its my new staple and forever staples. And its cheap. I use it when I do my wash and gos and my hair is still soft and moisturize the next day without adding any more of the gel or water. The best part it does not feel like a gel or flake like it. Loe this stuff .HTH

Back