Does anyone daily wash without a bun?

soslychic

Is there anyone here who for example, washes there hair at night and just lets air dry overnite or before bed daily minus the bun? I'd love to try the daily rinse, but I don't think I'll tolerate a bun every day.
think.gif
That's just not me
trampoline.gif

Hi
wave.gif
soslychic,

I do. I condition wash in the evening and put into 6 flat twist - I wear a twist out in the morning.

But, I normally shampoo in the evening anyway and let airdry either in a rollerset or some type of plaits or twist over night. It was the only way I could eliminate heat useage.

Thanks so much nita!! I'll have to try that. This sounds like a wonderful way to promote growth with moisture and without heat...and without a bun
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi
wave.gif
soslychic,

I do. I condition wash in the evening and put into 6 flat twist - I wear a twist out in the morning.

But, I normally shampoo in the evening anyway and let airdry either in a rollerset or some type of plaits or twist over night. It was the only way I could eliminate heat useage.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do the same thing only I do finger twists - 2-4 fat ones that I undo in the morning....then run some Sebastian Wet through while it is still damp.

Sweetcocoa, are finger twist - like hair wrapped around your finger? Like ahhh....all I can think of are shirley temple curls???

[ QUOTE ]
I do the same thing only I do finger twists - 2-4 fat ones that I undo in the morning....then run some Sebastian Wet through while it is still damp.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you wear your hair after that SweetCocoa?? With a headband on or something?? Sounds cute!!!
smile.gif

I do conditioner washes but all I can wear is a bun...my braid outs are jacked cause my hair is not even, haven't tried twists out yet....however I don't sleep with the bun....I tie my hair up with a silk scarf making sure my ends are tucked in.....in the morning the bun goes back up.
buns are murder on the edges after a while so I guess I too am inquiring about other styles.

Sometimes, I do mini buns. I make 2 (sometimes 4 and tie with a scarf if I'm going out) ponytails and tuck the ends in or two braids and tuck the ends. It puts less stress on my head too. Anyhow, I can't really gather all my hair into one bun because my hair is just touching my shoulders and it's cut in layers. I will sometimes do twists at bedtime. You wake up with really shiny, soft hair without the rollers!!! But many times, I let my hair airdry open and then cover it with a nice scarf when I go out. I condition wash everyday to be bothered too much about protective styles. ( but I do protect my ends!) I find using a scarf much simpler and it protects my hair from the heat as I am out a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
How are you liking Sebastian Wet? I need to find a use for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Karonica...
It works well for me as long as I don't use it on soaking wet hair. It works better when my hair is almost dry...before it gets a chance to frizz...it's a matter of timing for me. If my hair was really thick then I'd use it while my hair was still wet...because it does help your hair keep that 'wet' look. I really like it so far...

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetcocoa, are finger twist - like hair wrapped around your finger? Like ahhh....all I can think of are shirley temple curls???

[/ QUOTE ]
Nita4,
Yes something like that ...I just twist it like you are doing comb coils...only I use my fingers instead of a comb and I only do 2-4 fat ones. Sometimes I just part it down the middle from front to back(with my fingers) and do just 2...like pigtails. When they are almost dry I carefully run my fingers through them to seperate then and fluff my hair(with the Sebastion Wet). When I set them (the night before)I use a heavy leave in mixture of conditioner and oil followed by Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter(makes them stay twisted together while they are wet...) It's like doing a 2 strand twist...but with only one big strand. I got the idea from a natural lady by the name of Yante Coi(?). I did this while I was natural and it still works for me as a relaxed(although lightly) head.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you wear your hair after that SweetCocoa?? With a headband on or something?? Sounds cute!!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Lindy,
sometimes I do the head band, or I pull the sides back and clip them with some hair clips and wear he back out(my favorite) or yesterday I just kept it center parted and wore it out...I'm started to like this style more often. If for some reason it doesn't look good...or it starts to frizz up during the day, then I pull it back into a low ponytail...

Tons of good info on this thread
smile.gif

I'm thinking that I may have to begin "rinsing" daily to keep my new growth manageable. If so, I would definitely air dry in twists or hanging loose. If I tried a bun my hair would still be wet when it's time to rinse again.

I have been daily rinsing w/o a for the last two weeks. I mainly just do the wash and go thing. I sometimes rinse at night and just tie a silk scarf around my head and let it airdry during the night, but lately I have been rinsing my hair in the morning before work and letting it dry hanging loose. I love this style. I make sure that I leave a small amount of conditioner in my head along w/ some mango butter and some kemi oil. I am currently 10 weeks into my relaxer and my hair dries wavy. I part my hair different ways each day. I haven't gotten the bun thing down yet.

I condition wash every other day. I let it dry hanging down until it is just damp, then I put it in braids or a pony tail or whatever. If I wash later in the day and my hair is still wet when I have to go to bed, I gather at the nape of the neck, twist around a couple times (like getting ready to do a french roll) and just smooth the hair up to the top of my head, laying down the ends with a little moisturizer or an oil. I hold it down with my scarf or if my ends are unruly I might stick a bobby pin in to hold the ends. I just did that last night and my hair is super smooth. I'm not big on buns either, mainly because my hair is so thin and they look ridiculous on me
dork.gif

yes, the Lord gave me a good system! (hallelujah!
weird.gif
) i condition wash in the morning, apply vitamin e ointment, then aloe vera gel, a little world of curls activator gel, then scrunch while drying (it also worked when i ran out of the activator). my hair airdries into these wonderful curls that stay moisturized throughout the day (not as protective as a bun, but hey, moisturized still). you can imagine my reaction the first time it happened! i almost feel guilty it's so little work!
notworthy.gif
someone actually asked me if i have a wet wavy weave! what a blessing! no twistout necessary!
love.gif
i love Jesus! and i thank God for the folks here sharing such good info! thanks ya'll!
rosebud.gif
Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi
wave.gif
soslychic,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nita, how do you secure your flat twists so that they don't unravel?

Sithembile,

Hummm...the only way I can explain is...I twist my hair all the way to the end making sure its tight, then I wind the hair around the base of the flat twist ... like a bantu knot. Then I tie my hair up with a satin scarf. My hair is shoulder length - and they still hold pretty well. I have also used sponge rollers w/end papers.

hope that makes sense...

[ QUOTE ]
Sithembile,

Hummm...the only way I can explain is...I twist my hair all the way to the end making sure its tight, then I wind the hair around the base of the flat twist ... like a bantu knot. Then I tie my hair up with a satin scarf. My hair is shoulder length - and they still hold pretty well. I have also used sponge rollers w/end papers.

hope that makes sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

that is how i do my twist out. i just make sure i saturate each section with scurl before i twist. i get nice sultry curls in the morning with a wet look. sexy...
trampoline.gif

Back