Does anyone back tease their hair?

GraceJones

I need a protective style wig that I can just throw on in a quick hurry when I have to go to a party or a dinner. I dont want to do braids or faux locs right now because then tend to look old after a week or so. I don't want to manipulate my hair that much to get them redone. I was using a straight lace front wig for a while but it's so high maintenance with having to install and then make curls. It just didn't fit my lifestyle. I would wear that for a more special occasion or when I have time. I want to have a really nice looking style everyday for running errands and making Zoom calls.

I was thinking that this was a good option because I don't have to use the bald cap method or worry about gluing a lace front down. I was thinking that I could use a very small leave out at the part and along the front perimeter. The only thing that worries me is that they suggest that you back comb your hair to serve as an anchor. Do you think back combing would cause damage?

This is the wig I wanted to buy.

I need a protective style wig that I can just throw on in a quick hurry when I have to go to a party or a dinner. I dont want to do braids or faux locs right now because then tend to look old after a week or so. I don't want to manipulate my hair that much to get them redone. I was using a straight lace front wig for a while but it's so high maintenance with having to install and then make curls. It just didn't fit my lifestyle. I would wear that for a more special occasion or when I have time. I want to have a really nice looking style everyday for running errands and making Zoom calls.

I was thinking that this was a good option because I don't have to use the bald cap method or worry about gluing a lace front down. I was thinking that I could use a very small leave out at the part and along the front perimeter. The only thing that worries me is that they suggest that you back comb your hair to serve as an anchor. Do you think back combing would cause damage?

This is the wig I wanted to buy.

Yes absolutely. I mean as a one off thing it maybe okay, but if you were back combing your hair consistently you will likely see breakage eventually. That would be far too much manipulation for most of us to be able to handle.

Why couldn't a regular cornrows serve as an anchor?

Also What about headband wigs? I fold over the headband to make it smaller which makes it look even more natural

Why couldn't a regular cornrows serve as an anchor?

Also What about headband wigs? I fold over the headband to make it smaller which makes it look even more natural
I think you could probably wear this as a headband wig but IDK

Its too expensive just to wear it as a headband wig lol :giggle:
I feel you. I'm just looking for a protective wig that I can curl/style each day. I was doing braids and faux locs but those look old after a week. I don't want to manipulate my hair that often. I'm trying to learn how to install and curl my own lacefronts.

I feel you. I'm just looking for a protective wig that I can curl/style each day. I was doing braids and faux locs but those look old after a week. I don't want to manipulate my hair that often. I'm trying to learn how to install and curl my own lacefronts.
I feel you. My daily wig is a 12 inch kinky curly wig I cut into a bob. I used to wear lacefronts but ever since getting a flattering headband wig I can't go back. I just do my edges in the morning and that's it. For date nights I wear an 18 inch loose deep wave headband wig and call it a day. I don't have the patience anymore to style the wigs everyday anymore lol

Back