Does Anybody Still Use The Denman Brush?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I remember when denman brushes were super popular and it seemed that everybody had one. Finger detangling has become really popular and a lot of youtubers seem to be going that route. What say you ladies? Do any of you still use a denman? If you used to, what made you stop?

I haven't used one in a long time. I used one all the time while I was transitioning to natural but kinda fell off. I remember it giving me a lot of extra shrinkage which wasn't appealing to me right after cutting off all my hair lol. But it did make my curls very defined!

The tek brush is wooden right? Is it heavy?

Yes, the handle is wooden. I'm not too sure what the "bristles" are made out of on the brush. It feels a tab bit lighter than the denman brush. I purchased mines at Ross for less than 10 bucks (I think). There are various variations of the brush online and in stores. Some of the brushes are rather expensive though; especially the ones online.

Yes, the handle is wooden. I'm not too sure what the "bristles" are made out of on the brush. It feels a tab bit lighter than the denman brush. I purchased mines at Ross for less than 10 bucks (I think). There are various variations of the brush online and in stores. Some of the brushes are rather expensive though; especially the ones online.
I've kinda been thinking of checking those out. Maybe next time I'm in Ross I will see if they have any

I stopped using my Denman when I started finger detangling the tail end of 2014. I have more control and get better definition with my fingers. I never experienced the Denman pulling out my hair but after noticing chipped/ melted bristles, I did buy a new one last year.

I will used it on myself when I eventually decide to blow dry as I prefer using a brush rather than a comb attachment.

I use my Denman still. At one point in time, it did cause me some breakage, but not anymore. Either my hair got healthier, or i have the brushing technique down. Its good for defining curls.

I had switched to the Tek brush but then the wooden teeth started chipping. The company didn't care to reply to my message so I didn't bother replacing it and went back to the Denman.

I like detangling extremely thoroughly and the Denman does that beautifully. The only thing I miss from the Tek is the extra long teeth... do wish Denman made extra large variations of their brushes. Smaller sections aside I have zero complains.

I still do. I don't need to detangle often but when I do my denmen is right by my side clumping those curls, especially my ends which always want to stay open and be bushy

I stopped using it. Now I've been finger-combing my hair. I just big chopped in December so I'm still finding out what works for me. But with finger-combing, I find that I have great curl definition along with less hair breakage (I could hear some snaps). I may still use my Denman in the future, say once every month or so, but it's on the shelf for now.

I've stopped using it because while it defines my curls really well it makes my hair shrink more. No matter how I use it I end up with an inch or two more shrinkage than I would normally get.

I'm back to using the shower comb to detangle.

Back