Does Anybody Here Moisturize And Not Seal?

I do sometimes to be honest. But that's only because my moisturisers do a very good job of moisturising. However I will still seal a couple of times a week particularly when I'm going to bun with the ends tucked in.

I'm relaxed though so perhaps I can get away with it a bit more.

I don't seal just moisturize, frequently . I've noticed the oil or Shea butter doesn't allow enough penetration when re-moisturizing during the week to keep it juicy. I was sealing to avoid SSK but them suckers are relentless.

Yesss re moisturizing during the week after I've put oil on it feels way different than when I first moisturizer it fresh after a wash. I'm going to try not sealing for 2 weeks straight and see how it goes

I just add moisturizer(s) and add my gel. The "sealants" I have I only use after my hair is dried and stretched out so I wouldn't say I actually use them as sealants

For a while I wasn't sealing and I didn't really notice a difference. I started sealing again, but I think it was part pj'ism and part habit.

Not all light oils are the same and many do just sit on top. If you have a goods moistuizer then you probably don't need to seal.

Does curl activator lotion on top of hair already moisturized by regular curl activator count? If so then I guess I seal lol. Gotta have my glycerin. :yahoo:

Eta: 7/23/17, I sealed with coconut oil and absolutely loved it. It goes so with my already overly moisturized hair. My pick actually picks through my hair better and so now I gotta have it. :pant:

Last edited:
Constant M/S throughout the week after wash day? Nah.
I double up leave ins on wash day, use a grease/balm and gel (sometimes one or the other), and I'm done. If my hair feels dry in the two weeks between wash day, I spray refresher sprays on it and that's it.

ETA: [Reading is fundamental :giggle:] try using a gel to seal on wash day. If you're not heavy handed with it, you shouldn't have crunchy or oily hair but you'll still seal in your moisturizer. I just did my twists this past wash day with a spray and creamy leave in and sealed with gel. Left me with soft hair that isn't dry (yet) or crunchy.

Last edited:
I rarely seal my ends. I do an overnight coconut oil treatment at least once a week. I use a liquid and a cream moisturizer (xcel21 and Long Term Relationship).

Back