Does anybody else's hair hate certain ingredients?

jazzyfunknastee

Does anybody else\'s hair hate certain ingredients?

I found a no no for my hair. I ran out of my favorite conditioner, St. Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss and since I couldn't find it in my neighborhood, I decided to try out the St. Ives Aloe and Echinacea (Jade21 reccommened both of them to me). Let's just say I've been having a bad hair month since starting to use it. My hair doesn't feel a bit moisturized and actually feels drier and drier everytime I use it. I remembered this feeling from using other conditioners with Aloe Vera in and the same with styling products even down to relaxers with it in them (ie. Gentle Treatment).

Unfortunately I don't have time to go to my fave BSS and get what I really need (Diez en Uno and the St. Ives since I can't fidn them locally) so all I have now is CON and the godawful Aloe. Le sigh. I wish I didn't need a conditioner sometimes LOL

Re: Does anybody else\'s hair hate certain ingredients?

i think the only things that don't agree with me are ACV because it burns my scalp and smelly products like Glover's. they stay with me even after a few washes, and they don't particularly help my scalp like they're supposed to.

My hair doesn't like harsh detergents in shampoos. SLS, SLES, ALS, etc. No matter what I condition with afterwards, my hair will look and feel like straw.

@ Jazzy:
I couldn't find St. Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss anywhere, either. I finally saw some at Big Lots (a closeout store). I won't tell you how many I bought...
sekret.gif
If I get truly desperate, I'll order it from medichest.com.

I agree with Sassygirl, my hair doesn't like any sls versions either. I'm so used to not using shampoos with it now.

I also don't like protein conditioners. They always dry out my hair, no matter how deep a moisturizing conditioner I use after. GPB is the only exception to this.

My hair hates natural products...
confused.gif

NOTHING I have EVER bought from a healthfood store/vitamin shop has worked for me. Aubrey, Jason, Giovanni, Nature's Gate. All terrible. The jury is still out on my Gary Null Shampoo - everything else SUCKED.

My hair also hates products that are specifically geared to an ethnic market. Keracare Humecto and the Dudley's line are the few exceptions. I can count the rest of the exceptions to the rule on one hand.

I haven't had success with pure glycerin or products which list glycerin as one of the first few ingredients. They always leave my hair feeling gummy and mushy and leaves it frizzy looking. I also hate the feeling of glycerin on my hands; it feels gummy and sticky.

[ QUOTE ]
My hair hates natural products...

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair hates natural stuff too. It makes my hair really tangled and dry.

Re: Does anybody else\'s hair hate certain ingredie

Oils!!! I think castor oil is the only oil my hair likes.

Oh! I forgot about castor oil. Castor oil gave my hair that gummy feeling too.
ohwell.gif

My hair hates any thing with protein in it and it doesn't do well with inexpensive conditioners, like V05, or White Rain. It seems to do really well with natural products, so far. My hair has a nasty habit of rejected products that have worked in the past.

my hair tends to hate the cones. I guess I am a polar opposite to Tracy <giggles>.... so far my hair does better with more natural products... but not aloe.

My hair doesn't like main ingredient cone product. Back in the day I didn't wash and moisture my hair as frequently. Nor did I use clarifiers. I'm hoping that the new insight I've obtained since being on this board will help me to be able to find an effective sealing product (be it cones, mineral oil, lite wax, etc.) w/o any damaging effects to my hair. If anyone has been there and done that please help me out with a PM as to your experience. TIA!

[ QUOTE ]
my hair tends to hate the cones. I guess I am a polar opposite to Tracy <giggles>.... so far my hair does better with more natural products... but not aloe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. My hair likes when I play kitchen chemist and mix natural oils rather than using regular products (exception to WGO).

[ QUOTE ]
@ Jazzy:
I couldn't find St. Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss anywhere, either. I finally saw some at Big Lots (a closeout store). I won't tell you how many I bought...
sekret.gif
If I get truly desperate, I'll order it from medichest.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally found both. I found the Diez en Uno in a little BSS down the block from me (they just started selling it) and the V&E from a discount store across the street from the BSS. The V&E was $1.99, cheaper than what I paid for the last time I bought it ($3.49). I'm happy now
trampoline.gif

Back