Does a professional blow dryer make a difference?

abcd09

Have you noticed a difference using a pro dryer. Similar to flat irons, the sedu, chi, maxiglide work better than the $20 ones at walmart.

but what about blow dryers? Are the pro ones a good investment?

I think features matter more than brand. I look for 1800W dryer with ionic settings, concentrator nozzle, multiple air/heat settings, and a cool shot. These are settings found in the brand name appliances and you won't find these at Walmart, usually. Sally's, yes.

I also have a GHD and a Sally GVP Digital iron. Big price difference, same quality and results. I like the Sally GVP slightly better because of it's adjustable settings.

Last edited:
Yes pro blow dryers are worth the investment. My hair comes out so much smoother and I do not have to use as much heat with a Pro Dryer. I found a pro dryer at TJ Maxx for $50 instead of its retail price of $99 (Its a CHI).

I found that my Andis Tourmaline-Ionic Blow Dryer dries my hair a lot faster then the lower grade dryer. Faster drying = less heat exposure so I'm happy! :)

Using my ceramic flat iron also gives me more swang then the cheaper flat irons ever did.

HTH

I have the TwinTurbo dryer and it was worth every penny. I noticed i gets my roots good and straight, no flat iron needed. It was on sale thru Folica so i got it for $70.00 but i would have paid more (regular price is like 110.00) if it wasn't on sale.

Wow thanks guys. TJ Maxx sounds like a steal. I have a ConAir I bought from walmart like a year ago. I mainly use it for the cool option. Once I used it on medium and my hair became like stiff, no movement. I can't wait to get a better one.

For getting the hair just dry and smooth, no, but.....for doing a professional blowout with the round brush and getting that bounce and movement, yes.

Yes pro blow dryers are worth the investment. My hair comes out so much smoother and I do not have to use as much heat with a Pro Dryer. I found a pro dryer at TJ Maxx for $50 instead of its retail price of $99 (Its a CHI).

ITA. I got my CHI blowdryer from Marshalls for about $50. Works much better than my old Yellowbird.

sorry off topic and i just came from a fun happy hour,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you know how you only see part of a message tittle sometimes so all i saw on the preview like page was "does a professional blow".... and i ran in here not to comment or anything well maybe but just to find out if there was any useful tips or advise lmao sorry

sorry off topic and i just came from a fun happy hour,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you know how you only see part of a message tittle sometimes so all i saw on the preview like page was "does a professional blow".... and i ran in here not to comment or anything well maybe but just to find out if there was any useful tips or advise lmao sorry

:lachen::lachen::lachen: yaaaaaaassss!!!!!! This just made my life.

Lawwd, :rofl:

Yes, it does. Get an effective Salon blow drier and try to go back to a $20 blow dry you will notice a huge difference. I have a turbo Twin and I'll never go back, I did and it was a horrible mistake. You get what you pay for is sad but true in most cases for blow driers.

With my weekend TWA I only use my blowdryer with a diffuser, and my T3 dries my hair quickly. I remember using the round brush with this blowdryer when I was relaxed and my hair would look like I came from the salon. I can't do much with my hair but those blowouts would be bouncy and beautiful.

I've used my ghd flatiron on relaxed, natural and weaved hair and it snags much less than my old conair. It also gets my roots amazingly smooth. I didn't get results like this on relaxed hair with my old conair!

It reaallly does. I went from a revlon 1875 to the Sedu 4000i. The sedu is much quicker and doesn't smoke or leave my hair feeling brittle. My only gripe with the sedu was the search for a comb attachment that fit (the Willie Morrow attachment).

OMG, yes! I had a Goldbird from Sallys and decided to order a Babyliss from Folica. It was about $60 plus 20% off. It makes all the difference to my blowouts.

yes, it really does. I upgraded from my $30 paul mitchell blowdryer to a Sedu 4000i I got for $80 of folicavip. Not only does drying time go faster, but my hair doesn't feel as hot and scorched. The difference is really obvious once my hair is flat ironed, the overall styling of my hair just turns out better.

Just snagged a CHI Bling Low EMF Ceramic Hair Dryer for $60 (originally $120+) at Marshall's.. I hope it makes a difference but I figure it's gotta be better than my $20 dryer.

Just snagged a CHI Bling Low EMF Ceramic Hair Dryer for $60 (originally $120+) at Marshall's.. I hope it makes a difference but I figure it's gotta be better than my $20 dryer.

Used my Chi for the first time this morning and there was definitely a difference :yep:. My hair dried much quicker - which is crazy to me because the air flow didn't even seem that strong (it's low EMF so only 1300 watts), but that could also be because the concentrator nozzle is superior and my hair wasn't being blown all over the place. My hair feels very smooth right now, which I attribute to both my wash/leave-in products and the aionic heat (or whatever :lol:), plus not needing 50 passes on a section to get it dry. ETA: This dryer is also pretty quiet, a nice perk.

But yea - love it! :grin:

Last edited:
Back