Do your ragged finger nails rip your hair out?

mezzogirl

I get so frustrated sometimes when I'm doing my hair and several strands of hair get caught in my nails and rip out. :wallbash: That happens to me way more frequently than I'm comfortable with. I've started wearing rubber gloves when I wash my hair. Sometimes my nails are freshly manicured and I will still snag hair. Does that happen to anyone else?:whyme:
If so, what do you do to prevent nail snags?

Yes! This happens to me all the time and it's so frustrating!! But that's a great idea, tho, to use gloves when you wash. I'm actually gonna try it next time I wash my hair since that's when my nails rip it out the most. Thanks for the idea!!! :)

Oh I hate when this happens!!!!!! As a matter of fact, I ripped out some strands as I was placing my hair in a ponytail holder several weeks ago! I was so upset.

To answer your question, I use a bandaid around the jagged nail to prevent tearing. out my hair.

Yes! This happens to me all the time and it's so frustrating!! But that's a great idea, tho, to use gloves when you wash. I'm actually gonna try it next time I wash my hair since that's when my nails rip it out the most. Thanks for the idea!!! :)

ETA: I even try to always have a clear coat on my nails to keep them smooth to avoid it ripping the hair, but it still doesn't help.:ohwell:

I keep a nail file with me at all times. I don't like to snag my hair at all either. I also prefer short nails that are buffed to a shine rather than polished.

OMG, I can't stand when that happens! For some reason my nails have been really jagged and peeling lately (probably because I bite them) and when I wash my hair I'll feel my precious strands being ripped from them! I've got to start filing my nails down or putting coconut oil on them so they don't peel or split so much. It may not seem like a big deal to break a few strands a day, but in a year's time you could very well have lost inches due to it :nono:.

Wow now I don't feel so bad! I thought I was the only one! When I let my nails grow out real long and they start breaking is the worst my hair gets caught up in the nail and I wanna shout bad words lol!:yep:

Everytime my nail snags (it's always the side, too) I immediately stop, file down the snag, shape the nail, and then start back up again. It saves my nails and my hair! :lol:

Back