Do you want the DISCONTINUED Mega-Tek Rejuvenator?

LondonDiva

The real one, not the hoof and coat ting, or rebuilder, or restorer, or repairer or revitalizer or any other thing that begins with R.

This is the one
megatek.gif

I've been using the wrong bl**dy one. Well it's been giving me results none the less. I noticed a tighter curl pattern and thicker/quicker growth with this product. I had this from a couple years back and started using it when the OCT hype started.

megatek.jpg

I wanted to try the rejuvenator but for the life of me couldn't even find a picture of the bottle let alone anywhere that sold the now discontinued product.

For anyone not sure, this is the product half the price of Ovation Cell Therapy and is now replaced by the product. This product no longer exsists, so I guess whoever is selling is selling what they have left. The guy Greg that runs the site is really helpful. As it didn't calculate International shipping I asked him to send me a Paypal invoice and he did.

It's $29.95 and $4.05 shipping in the US They accept Paypal

It's for an 8 ounce bottle

My total for the UK came to $40.35 and is shipping via USPS (not that teefin UPS or Fed Ex)

I told him I'd be posting the link for you lovely ladies, so if you want to try it get on board before he runs out.

http://guaranteed-hair-growth.com/megatek.html

Good luck and let me know if you guys were successful in getting it.

Interesting I have the second bottle but it says Cell Rebuilder

eqyss-online_1979_440480.gif

I also purchased a smaller jar that said "cell rebuilder" on the heading but when I received it it said coat rebuilder

What are the ingredients? Is it the human version of the Mega-Tek rebuilder?

The real one, not the hoof and coat ting, or rebuilder, or restorer, or repairer or revitalizer or any other thing that begins with R.

This is the one
megatek.gif

I've been using the wrong bl**dy one. Well it's been giving me results none the less. I noticed a tighter curl pattern and thicker/quicker growth with this product. I had this from a couple years back and started using it when the OCT hype started.

megatek.jpg

I wanted to try the rejuvenator but for the life of me couldn't even find a picture of the bottle let alone anywhere that sold the now discontinued product.

For anyone not sure, this is the product half the price of Ovation Cell Therapy and is now replaced by the product. This product no longer exsists, so I guess whoever is selling is selling what they have left. The guy Greg that runs the site is really helpful. As it didn't calculate International shipping I asked him to send me a Paypal invoice and he did.

My total for the UK came to $40.35 and is shipping via USPS (not that teefin UPS or Fed Ex)

I told him I'd be posting the link for you lovely ladies, so if you want to try it get on board before he runs out.

:look: Oooohweee. 30 bucks for 8 oz?

I'd be interested in the ingredients list as well, LondonDiva - at least before I leap on that one....

I have no idea what's in it, except for the fact the ingredients are pretty much the same as Ovation Cell Therapy, just containing half of the regular aminos.

Eqyss products have no synthetic ingredients, polymers or silicones in them anyway. If I can't find it online then I'll have to post them when they arrive (I only ordered today)

try e-mailing the guy on the link I provided.

I have no idea what's in it, except for the fact the ingredients are pretty much the same as Ovation Cell Therapy, just containing half of the regular aminos.

Eqyss products have no synthetic ingredients, polymers or silicones in them anyway. If I can't find it online then I'll have to post them when they arrive (I only ordered today)

try e-mailing the guy on the link I provided.

*nod* I'm wondering what the difference is between the two bottles you posted up, besides the label, ya know? I'm crazy ingredient focused.

And the Rebuilder (black bottle) actually does have a silicone in it - Dimethicone copolypol - I know it's the 'lightest' water-soluable silicone, but it's there.

I'll email dude.

I think this is the ingredient list for the Ovation. There's just more protein the OCT product apparantly.

Here are the ingredients:
Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

I wonder why it was discontinued?

Maybe the blue one has the same ingredients as the pink one ..or maybe they developed the other one-the OCT (expensive one) w/ the same ingredients as the pink one and just decided to sell it for more...

I just got the blue one, the Mega-Tek Rebuilder and I hope the results are remarkable..I got mine for $18.99 here (No SHIPPING & HANDELING FEES!): http://equineusaonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9_180&products_id=3025

It's funny b/c the picture on the site is slightly different from the bottle they sent me.....online it says "Mega-Tek Equine Cell Rebuilder" and the one they sent me says "Mega-Tek Equine Rebuilder"..also the other words on the bottle are the same but re-arranged a little!

LondonDiva....Please list the ingredients for the pink one when you get a chance---I'd love to compare it to my blue one!!!

This is the one
megatek.gif

megatek.jpg

Hi LD, I have the original one (first picture) and this is what I have been using. When I originally bought mine I think it was $56.00 for 2 16oz bottles (not including taxes & shipping). So $29.95 for 8oz is pretty expensive. But I guess since it is discontinued the price is higher.

The ingredients are: Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolized Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance.

JustKiya...I noticed the dimethicone too...it's funny b/c right on the bottle, it says "Stimulates hair without the use of silicone, synthetic polymers, oils or petroleum based products which causes dry, brittle hair & hoofs." --- Please let us know what the guy says in response to your inquiry about that

Here is the list of ingredients for the Mega-Tek Rebuilder (black & blue bottle) that I have:

Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides, polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance

It appears to have MORE protein than the expensive Ovation Cell Therapy if the list LondonDiva posted is accurate....hmmmm

EDITED TO ADD: And it seems to have MORE protein than the orignal pink bottle hmmmm....Thanks for posting the ingredients Jetblackhair....

it appears that the blue & black Mega-Tek has more protein than the others but it is the only one that has Dimethicone in it...I hope it does not cause buildup b/c I don't use shampoo!!!

Last edited:
Sweet!! Okay.....

Ovation:
Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

Rejuvenator:
Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolized Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance.

Mega-Tek Rebuilder:
Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein (HU), stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate (DI), marine protein (DI), peg 40 (no castor oil), panthenol, dimethicone copolyol (the one cone), magnesium citrate (DI), allantoin (DI), amino acids (DI), methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides (DI), polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea (DI), fragrance

DI = Different ingredient
HU = Higher up on the list

The Ovation and the Rejuvenator are identical, as far as the ingredients and the order they are in.

The Rebuilder, though, has MORE hydrolyzed keratin protein, and it has marine protein and amino acids, which neither of the others have, along with a few other 'different' ingredients.

I dunno - I think the rebuilder might be the best bet....

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this way Kiya...very easy to compare.

The Rebuilder seems to be very protein enriched. For now I think I'm good with the Rejuvenator...unless the people using the Rebuilder experience mad growth versus those using Ovation/Rejuvenator, then I'll think about changing camps :grin:

Last edited:
Thanks JustKiya for the breakdown..I just finished posting the ingredients..I guess we were posting at the same time LOL

It does appear that the Mega-Tek Rebuilder should in theory be the best out of the three due to the ingredients...and its so funny how it is the least expensive!!

We Shall See!!!

Thanks JustKiya for the breakdown..I just finished posting the ingredients..I guess we were posting at the same time LOL

It does appear that the Mega-Tek Rebuilder should in theory be the best out of the three due to the ingredients...and its so funny how it is the least expensive!!

We Shall See!!!

:yep:

I was worried about the cone, too, but it's the ONLY truly water soluable one, so I'm just keeping an eye on my hair, so far, it hasn't been bad....

It DOES have a lot of protien in it - I wonder if that's what makes it so 'strong'. I'm glad I added the SAA to it - that should help mitigage any negative impact of the protien on my roots, and I'll DEFINITELY not be using it on my length as a conditioner.....

Thanks for posting this way Kiya...very easy to compare.

The Rebuilder seems to be very protein enriched. For now I think I'm good with the Rejuvenator...unless the people using the Rebuilder experience mad growth versus those using Ovation/Rejuvenator, then I'll think about changing camps :grin:

I'm using the rebuilder (Black bottle) at the moment and off to relax my hair in a few hours. I parted my hair and had a look all over, I have some very tight shiny coils of new growth, when stretched close to an inch long. I've been using it about 3 weeks. The only thing I don't like is it looks kind of dandruffy sometimes from the product.

I'm using the rebuilder (Black bottle) at the moment and off to relax my hair in a few hours. I parted my hair and had a look all over, I have some very tight shiny coils of new growth, when stretched close to an inch long. I've been using it about 3 weeks. The only thing I don't like is it looks kind of dandruffy sometimes from the product.

Ok, so me and the other lady are not the only ones that noticed this - I'm not too heavy handed as I take "dab" and smooth it along the entire part, so I stretch it alllllll the way down.

No worries - it's all good - I can deal with a little dandruff looking stuff for crazy growth :grin:

Ok, so me and the other lady are not the only ones that noticed this - I'm not too heavy handed as I take "dab" and smooth it along the entire part, so I stretch it alllllll the way down.

No worries - it's all good - I can deal with a little dandruff looking stuff for crazy growth :grin:

I don't mind it either, but I do along the front hairline. Taking a flannel and wiping it hard is annoying, it get's all white when I wash my face and my hairline gets wet.

but for growth it's not a problem

Okay, I'm such a nerd. I got curious, and well. I'm dangerous when I'm curious. I wrote a LONG blogpost deconstructing the three (two really), products, and I think that the Rebuilder (the horse stuff) is hands down, the better stuff. :look:

Wow, that's some great progress right there.

Okay, I'm such a nerd. I got curious, and well. I'm dangerous when I'm curious. I wrote a LONG blogpost deconstructing the three (two really), products, and I think that the Rebuilder (the horse stuff) is hands down, the better stuff. :look:

OOhhh girl, let me go make a cup of Milo :lachen:and read your post. Thanks for this.

Well as a rebuilder user, what you wrote makes sense. You don't get slip or any particular softness when using this, so those ingredients you mentioned that aren't in the rebuilder it makes sense from what you wrote and how it feel when I use it.

The thing is, with OCT they claim they have double the aminos in their product over the rejuvenator.

But saying that, how do we really know that's the case.

Hopefully if rebuilder/rejuvenator users are getting the same results as Sareca then we're onto something. I'm going to add castor oil to my rebuilder though. Profectiv Root Health gives great slip and moisture on the scalp (soyabean oil based). So you can use this on top.

319485.jpg

Nice. I ran into your blog from google.

Well as a rebuilder user, what you wrote makes sense. You don't get slip or any particular softness when using this, so those ingredients you mentioned that aren't in the rebuilder it makes sense from what you wrote and how it feel when I use it.

The thing is, with OCT they claim they have double the aminos in their product over the rejuvenator.

But saying that, how do we really know that's the case.

Hopefully if rebuilder/rejuvenator users are getting the same results as Sareca then we're onto something. I'm going to add castor oil to my rebuilder though. Profectiv Root Health gives great slip and moisture on the scalp (soyabean oil based). So you can use this on top.

:yep: True, true - depending on the relative amounts of them, they could have doubled the amount of Hydrolyzed Keratin - which appears to be the only thing that's an amino acid, and it would still show up in the same spot on the ingredient list.
Unless they left it off the ingredients altogether (which would mean it's less than 1%, if cosmetics have to stick to the same labeling rules as food - which, I dunno)...

I'm thinking adding SAA (for the extra aminos), castor oil, and vitamin E oil to the Rebuilder would have you good to go!

Urrm. I need to swing by the drugstore and get some vitamin E, some castor oil, AND some clear mascara, while I'm there. :yep:

Thegirltolove pointed out that I had missed the Ceteryl Alcohol as being missing from the Rebuilder - Cetearyl Alcohol is an fatty alcohol used as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener, and carrying agent for other ingredients. Can be derived naturally, as in coconut fatty alcohol, or synthetically.

So, it just changes the 'feel' of the mixture - doesn't really DO much. Though, I do have some in my cabinet..... :lol: I might mix some into the Rebuilder, all the same. Might help the Vitamin E & Castor Oil mix in better.

BUT!

I got a response email from dude who is selling the Rejuvenator asking him about the ingredients - and check this. The ingredients in the Rejuvenator that HE is selling are IDENTICAL to the ingredients in the Rebuilder (I double checked against the bottle I have). Which you can get 16 oz of for 20 bucks.................. :look:

Hi Kiya,

Mega-Tek Rejuvenator contains: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate,
peg100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, demethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids,
methlparaben, mucopolysaccharides, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, frangrance.

Mega-Tek Rejuvenator binds proteins to the hair to help rebuild damaged hair. We sell quite a bit of the product and I
personally use it every other day after shampooing. We also include a instruction/directions sheet along with a 1 ounce
applicator bottle. Mega-Tek is very concentrated, and we recommend putting ½ teaspoon in the applicator bottle and mix
with water as this will help you to disperse it all over your hairs.

Hope this helps....and have a wonderful day,

Greg
Green Earth Enterprises, LLC
www.guaranteed-hair-growth.com

He DID give me the great idea to put a lil Rebuilder into my daily mist, though - I'll start doing that this week, as well.

It looks like Eqyss started rebranding the Rejuvenator as the Rebuilder, and came up with a new forumla for Ovation, which they sold for a while as the Rejuvenator, which would explain the different ingredients on the different bottles.

Or, homeboy is selling the Rebuilder AS the Rejuvenator, and almost doubling the price for a pink label.

I just received my order from Greg yesterday. NOw, I have the Mega-Tek Rejuvenator (Human Version) and the Mega-Tek Equine Cell Rebuilder (Eqiuine Version). The ingredients are the same; the sizes are different. The prices are different.

I'm using both so I should see some fantastic results!!

Back