Do you use activator Gel ?

blackhair

I am transitioning and my daily bun is becoming hard to manage. The edges don't lay down and it is hard to acheive the perfect bun for work. My friend could not take it anymore and told me this week end that I look unprofessional and he will drag me tothe salon for a relaxer . So I run to the store and found Proclaim activator gel. First ingredients are water and aloe vera. It pops up my curls in no time while laying down the edges (well I have to use it at least twice a day for the slick look). It is not hard at all and left my hair very soft and wavy. Any one using it ? any other brand? It is a keeper and is very cheap.

I used to use it daily. Worked great for me. Peachtree used it too. I wonder if she is still using it :scratchch

I'm 100% natural and I use activator gel. I have used proclaim and lustrasilk. I currently use fantasia gel. they all lay my hair down but the fantasia leaves my hair feeling lighter.

I am natural and also use a activator gel. I use it on my ends when I twist my hair and for my hairline to help smooth it down. I have one by Long Aid that I found at CVS. I have been using it for about 5 months now with no problems.

I use the smooth shine activator every now and then. Since I purchased some my honey child products I havent used it as much. I like it tho. I put it on wet hair and by the time it dries you cant feel anything but softness.

Girl, didn't you know activator gel was a natural's best friend. I used S-curl and fell in love. I use Fantasia often. I also use EQ's feels like silk.

anky said:
I used to use it daily. Worked great for me. Peachtree used it too. I wonder if she is still using it :scratchch

The first time I used it I HATED IT... but it quickly became my fav turn around product. I no longer use it (regularly)... don't know why :lol: cuz it's great at slicking down my sides, giving that wet look.

I still have a few jars in my stash when needed :D

I just recently started using the Proclaim Activator Gel. It leaves my hair so soft and I am able to wear my 'wash and go' style up to four or five days. I still use the Fantasias IC gel as well but it tends to dry me out but I love the way it looks with that as well.

Give it a try!

Jessy55 said:
Does it matter which kind you use or do they all do basically the same job?

They are not all alike. I don't like Elasta Feels like silk. I haven't tried Proclaim. I am now using Fatasia since I haven't replaced my S-Curl. I like it because it keeps my coils in place. It keeps my hair looking the way it does wet.

Yes, daily! I use the Smooth and Shine activator after I CW. It dries and my curls pop nicely. I used to use Curling Custard but when activator is 2.99, why spend the xtra dough.

IMHO all activators are not created equal. I don't like QP feels like silk. Proclaim is average to me. I use Smooth and Shine activator. My hair dries soft and my curls look great!

I also like Fantasia IC but it kind of makes my hair stiff.

Back