Do you use a creamy, waterbased leave-in conditioner/moisturizer?

Neith

Yesterday was the first time I've ever done a braidout on dry hair :look: I feel silly! It came out nicely and I was afraid that it wouldn't.

I would always do it on damp hair because I believed that in order to be moisturized, I needed straight water on my hair too.

When I would do braidouts on damp hair, I would always try to have it done by 11pm :lol: so that it would dry by the morning. If I couldn't get it done by like 12am then I would most likely not wear a braidout. With a dry braidout I don't have to deal with that.

Does your creamy moisturizer/leave in have enough water to really keep your hair moist enough without you thoroughly spritzing/misting your hair with water or a liquid leave in?

I feel a little paranoid and I think if I don't wet my hair enough that it's going to get dry. :look:

Water Based because I have a weave net over my braids and liquid gets through better, sometimes I water down other leave in's for the same effect.

I used to be very afraid of creamy leave-ins b/c they always left a residue on my hair. But the Mixed Chick leave-in is different. But I still prefer waterbased leave-ins like CD black vanilla leave-in:yep:

My moisturizer, Kenra Platinum moisturizer leaves my hair sooo quenched. More quenched than any product. Water is not the first ingredient,but it is on the list. Here are the ingredients, just for you, Neith lol:

Rosemary Leaf Extract,Lavender Flower/Leaf Stem Extract,Sunflower Seed Extract,Purified Water,Cetyl Alcohol,Squalane,Cetrimonnium Chloride,Behentrimonium Methisulfate,Cetearyl Alcohol,Mango Seed Butter,Shea Butter,Hydrolyzed Silk,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,C11-15,Pareth-7,Laureth-9,Glycerin,Trideceth-12,Butylene Glycol,Methylchloroisothiazolinone,Methylisothiazolinone,Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

yes, I use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk or Hair Nectar.......I make about 6-8 braids, then apply the hair milk and seal with jojoba or almond oil, then unravel the braids after a few hours or overnight. The hair milk and hair nectar are both very moisturizing! HTH :)

My moisturizer, Kenra Platinum moisturizer leaves my hair sooo quenched. More quenched than any product. Water is not the first ingredient,but it is on the list. Here are the ingredients, just for you, Neith lol:

Rosemary Leaf Extract,Lavender Flower/Leaf Stem Extract,Sunflower Seed Extract,Purified Water,Cetyl Alcohol,Squalane,Cetrimonnium Chloride,Behentrimonium Methisulfate,Cetearyl Alcohol,Mango Seed Butter,Shea Butter,Hydrolyzed Silk,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,C11-15,Pareth-7,Laureth-9,Glycerin,Trideceth-12,Butylene Glycol,Methylchloroisothiazolinone,Methylisothiazolinone,Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

That product looks interesting!

Okay, I'm glad to know that some people survive without using actual water in their hair :lol: I'll continue doing the dry braid outs for a while.

I use Giovanni Direct leave In and it makes my hair really moisturized because it's water based. My Braidouts always come out lovely!

I love creamy leave ins, especially for a braid out. My braid outs look (and feel) better when I use creamier moisturizers/leave ins.

Back