Do You Take Your Own Products To The Salon?? I learned the hard way..

ScandalousBeauty

I got my first press in 6 months yesterday. SO happy with the results!!! (Pics Are In My Fotki) So, When it was time to blowdry, my hair seemed EXTRA UNRULY and hard to manage...which never happens at home. Everyone was looking at me like "damn, that girl has a nappy ass head!!! That's why I have a relaxer! :ohwell:" So, next go round, I think I am going to co-wash my hair at home and go to the salon with my Redken Butter Treat, Giovanni's Direct and Redken Heat Glide already in, so she can just blow dry from there.

Do any of you bring your own shampoo, conditioners, styling aides to the salon with you???

yup, I sure do :yep:. Everytime I go, I take my Shampoo, my Kenra MC (with a little EVOO inside), my fermodyl vials and my leave-in. She already know not to ask any questions anymore :lachen:.

Lmao I used to when I was getting my hair relaxed. Just my conditioner though. Then, i'd walk out with a baggy and finish my hair at home.

Yup, the dominican salon always tangles my hair when they was it. Swishing it all around. I go in already washed with D/C on my head.

Just rinse and roll lady!

I dont go much though.

When I used to go to the Salon I used to bring my own products. I didn't like what they had so I brought my own.

I never actually brought my own stuff in but I plan on doing it the next time I get my relaxer. My stylist sold me some of the stuff that she uses on my hair and the first ingredient listed was mineral oil :nono:...(there goes $12 down the drain that I spent buying the stuff from her) Needless to say, the next time I go back I'll be equipped with my own stuff from my 'stash'

Yes, I just did this on Monday. I know what works for my hair and I cannot risk letting the stylist or some newbie shampoo girl wreck my progress with untested products.

I only go like twice a year, but when I went several weeks ago, I made sure that i did a lot of conditioning and a light protein treatment b/f I went.

NO. I'm paying you for a full service and that's what I'm going to get.

I only patronize salons that use the same quality of products that I use for myself. That's actually how I found out about some of the products I use. I pay too much $$$ at the salon to have to bring my own products. Also if there is a product that I really want to try, I ask them to get it so I can try it in my hair on my next appointment.

The only exception I would consider this for is when I go to the Dominicans back home in NYC. They never charge more than $20 so I don't have a problem with it. Even there though, they still use all of the conditioners that I love. Products count for a good portion of the overhead of a salon. If you have a steady stylist, then they should consider & use what works best for your hair and what pleases you the most. That's their job. If I feel the need to bring my own products and hence dip further into my wallet, then I'd find someplace else to go that uses better products.

I think I might start bring my Aveda Damage Remedy in. I hope she doesn't get offended. I don't plan on going too often though.

I only patronize salons that use the same quality of products that I use for myself. That's actually how I found out about some of the products I use. I pay too much $$$ at the salon to have to bring my own products. Also if there is a product that I really want to try, I ask them to get it so I can try it in my hair on my next appointment.

The only exception I would consider this for is when I go to the Dominicans back home in NYC. They never charge more than $20 so I don't have a problem with it. Even there though, they still use all of the conditioners that I love. Products count for a good portion of the overhead of a salon. If you have a steady stylist, then they should consider & use what works best for your hair and what pleases you the most. That's their job. If I feel the need to bring my own products and hence dip further into my wallet, then I'd find someplace else to go that uses better products.

This so me! I be damned if I am gonna pay you for a service and you use my products too?!

When I did go to the salon, the young lady that relaxed my hair already knew the deal. She left, one of the reasons I became a self-relaxer. If I ever decide to go back, I will call ahead to see what they use...if it does not appeal to me, I will keep looking :yep:

I don't go much now either but when I do go I take my shampoo and conditioner with me. I have some FAST poo and conditioner and also Kenra which my stylist don't have.

I completely agree. I paid $15 for my Dominican blow out on Monday. They charge $5 or $10 for a deep conditioning with silicon mix and such but $0 for a DC with my own ORS. Now that I am hair conscience, I realize that my former stylist (regular appointment for years) always used quality products. In fact, I learn about KeraCare and Nexxus products from sitting in her chair.

no! i dont take my own products but if my hair is damaged i would consider taking a treatment with me for them to use.

OT: to the OP, how do you use ur redken butter treat? i just bought this and want to use it 2night

i bring my ors conditioner
and my leave in everytime!

and when i get a touch up i bring my ors neutralizing shampoo:yep:

I use it right along with my leave-in conditioner. It's not a conditioner, so don't wash it out!!! Alot of people use it this way, and they get mediocre results. It makes my hair really, really soft and manageable. When I blow dry my hair at home, it's a breeze. No pulling, tugging or pain. I'm buying many, many bottles of this!

no! i dont take my own products but if my hair is damaged i would consider taking a treatment with me for them to use.

OT: to the OP, how do you use ur redken butter treat? i just bought this and want to use it 2night

I use to take my product to my hairstylist I love her she thinks that I'm strange but does all I want so I continue to go there with all my stuffs .:lachen:

Back