Do you take Nourishair Vitamins?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Are there a bunch of you all taking Nourishair vitamins from GNC? Any testimonies? I'm think about switching over to the Nourishair vitamins once I'm done with my One-A-Days. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Karonica!
I am presently on my last few Nourishhair vitamins and personally I wish I had purchased the Ultra Nourishhair....when I go restock thosse will be the ones that I get. I think they work had about 2 inches of new growth if not more in 2 months... So if u want immediate results I would take the Ultra Nourishhair...but if u want to start slow and give your body time to adjust I woudl take Nourishhair then switch to Ultra Nourish Hair as I am doing. I have heard alot of great things about them /images/graemlins/grin.gif
HTH

I purchased the Nourishair, but I haven't noticed any growth as of yet. I dunno, I can barely notice growth with my hair.

Oooh! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2 inches in 2 months! My hair grows good with the plain One-A-Days, so I can only imagine what may happen with the Nourishair vitamins! Plus it contains that biotin that I keep hearing people talk about. Hmmm. I want to grow five inches. Since I'm not trimming, that could possinly be 5 months. Hmmmmmm....Can't wait til my next visit to GNC! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I take Ultra Nourishair. The vitamins are big, but I like to take them. I haven't isolated it's usage, so I don't know if it makes a difference or not. I do know that it has good amounts of Biotin, and other vitamins that I take, and the usage is almost the same of a Centrum vitamin.

Can someone cut and paste its ingredients here? If they're about the same as HF 37, and cost less, perhaps I'll switch!

I used to take Nourishair but I swiched to Centrum multi instead. Those GNC viamins were expensive!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:
Servings Per Container:

Amount per 2 tablets % Daily Value

Vitamin A 20 1000 IU

Vitamin C 100 60 mg

Vitamin E 100 30 IU

Thiamin (B1) 100 1.5 mg

Riboflavin (B2) 100 1.7 mg

Niacin (B3) 100 20 mg

Vitamin B6 200 4 mg

Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 50 200 mcg

Vitamin B12 100 6 mcg

Biotin 1200 mcg 400%

Pantothenic acid 20 mg 200%

Iodine 50 mcg 33%

Magnesium 40 mg 10%

Zinc 30 mg 200%

Copper 2 mg 100%

Boron 3 mg*

Silica 1 mg*

MSM 500 mg*

Natural Amino Complex 500 mg*

L-Cysteine 200 mg*

L-Methionine 100 mg*

Choline 250 mcg*

Inositol 50 mcg*

* Daily Value not established.

Directions:
As a dietary supplement, take two tablets daily.

Ingredients:
Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener), Vegetable Acetoglycerides

Warnings:
Keep out of reach of children.

Store in a cool, dry place.

http://www.interactile.com/cgi-bin/s/s1_jump_to.pl?m_id=18&to_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drugstore.com%2Fproducts%2Fprod.asp%3Fpid%3D69208%26catid%3D15271

Re: Nourishair Vitamins vs Country life maxi hair?

<font color="blue"> I've heard great things about UNH but I'm thinking of trying Country Life Maxi hair. Its time released and it contains more biotin, pan.acid and it contains calcium wich I like cause I really don't have enough in my diet. Some other things are different too but but I'll let your compare /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is what's in it.
2 a day
Amount Per Serving %DV
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 5,000 I.U. 100%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, rose hips) 200 mg 333%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocophyryl acid succinate) 50 I.U. 167%
Thiamin (vitamin B-1)(as thiamine HCI) 30 mg 2,000%
Riboflavin (vitamin B-2) 50 mg 2,941%
Niacin (as niacinamide) 50 mg 2,941%
Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCI) 50 mg 2,500%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 50 mcg 833%
d-Biotin 2,000 mcg 667%
Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg 500%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 200 mg 20%
Iodine (as kelp) 225 mcg 150%
Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate) 15 mg 100%
Selenium (as selenium amino acid chelate) 50 mcg 71%
Copper (as copper amino acid chelate) 1 mg 50%
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 600 mg *
L-Methionine (free form) 250 mg *
Canola Fatty Acid Complex (source of 200 mg *
unsaturated fatty acids, linolenic &amp; oleic acids)
Horsetail Extract 2:1 (leaf/stem) 100 mg *
L-Cysteine (as L-cysteine HCI) 100 mg *
Inositol 50 mg *
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 50 mg *
Choline (from 50 mg choline bitartrate) 23 mg *

* Daily Value not established.

Do not accept if seal is broken. Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.

Lignisul&amp;#8482; is a trademark of Carolwood Corporation.

No: Yeast, wheat, gluten, milk, salt, preservatives or artificial color.

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, stearic acid, oligosaccharides, magnesium stearate, cellulose &amp; glycerin coating, silica, calcium silicate, natural vanilla. "

I used to take ultranourish hair. when i first started coming to the hair boards. it gave me some growth but i swtiched to Vitol Great Hair (thanks tracey /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) because there are more biotin and other minerals in thier pills.. here are the ingredients

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin A 15,000IU 300%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niacin 50mg 250%

Vitamin B6 100mg 5,000%

Biotin 3mg 1,000%

Manganese 50mg 3,500%

Inositol 600mg **

Vitamin C 600mg 1,000%

Folate 800mcg 200%

Pantothentic Acid 600mg 6,000%

PABA 150mg **

L-Cysteine 150mg **

Riboflavin 100mg 5,882%

Iodine 150mg 1,00%

Choline 600mg **

Minerals 75mg **

Good grief! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yah don't get sick after taking one vitamin with all of that stuff in it? Shoo...taking one of those could last me all week. But one thing I noticed is that the Nourishair doesn't have any iron in it, or at least the Ultranourishair doesn't. I want/need something with iron it it.

You should never take any vitamins on an empty stomach. That will definitely make you sick. If you are concerned about iron, check out your multivitamin. I take centrum as my multi after trying several other brands. I started out with Bargello's regimen and played with it until I got the growth I wanted with as few pills as possible.
I take Centrum, UltraNourishair, EPO, Biotin, and MSM. My MSM is in powder form so I can mix it with Juice.

Even if you decide that this is too many vitamins, definitely find a good multivitamin. For some people all they need is a multivitamin.

Good luck

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You should never take any vitamins on an empty stomach. That will definitely make you sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN TO THAT! i had to learn the hard way

I take what Madison takes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used to take the Ultranourish and the Nourish Hair - but I saw the ingredient list of the Vitol and swtiched. Plus - they are WAY smaller - a big factor in the switch for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks like Nourishair beats my own supplements on Niacin and Biotin, and that's it. I think it may be cheaper to just take more biotin as a separate supplement.

Where can I purchase the Vitol and how much do they cost? Also, has anyone experience breakouts from taking vitamins?

Sweet C

Vitamins are definitely a great attribute to hair growth.

I got my touch-up the Saturday before last, and already I've got a good amount of new growth, up to a half of an inch, probably more in some places! I can't believe it! And my perm took PERFECTLY! When I let the Infusium 23 Leave-In Conditioner and Profevtiv Break-Free hit my scalp after I was my hair, my scalp goes CRAZY and new growth spurts out, and I wake up the next morning with waves in the roots! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Unbelievable! I am going to get a camera and start taking pictures of it, because it really is amazing!

Hello hair twin! I read your reply in my intro post(thanks for the advice!) I'm going to give it a try and step away from the flat iron and blowdryer and do the protective styles for awhile....but getting back on the subject of this post, where can you purchase vitol vitamins at?

If you're an online shopper (I am! /images/graemlins/grin.gif) then here you go! Vitol has a lot of stuff in it...Hmmm.....Getting interested.....Yes, I'm a PJ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.vitamins-etc.com/product.asp?name=Great-Hair&amp;pid=1105&amp;brand=Vitol
http://www.webvitamins.com/product.asp?number=VO-HAIRNAIL-120T
http://www.betterlife.com/brand.html?brand_id=83
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/austinnatural/vitgreathair1.html

There are a host of other online vitamin places. Good grief!

Do you think it would be safe to take UNH with another high dosage multivitamin? I've been considering it but I'm a little concerned about sideeffects of taking mega doses.

I don't know. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

But there are a lot of people here that mix all sorts of things together for their daily dose. But I remember someone telling their story of how this vitamin mikshake made them awfully sick. I try to stay away from those super mega doses because too much of certain vitamins can cause poisoning.

Check out this website:

http://chemo.net/newpage35.htm

I was reading, if your vitamin's Fat soluble it can cause poisoning, but if its water soluble it won't cause problem. The reason behind this is that fat soluble vitamins store in the body and with water soluble vitamins, your body takes what it needs and disposes the rest.

I was reading, if your vitamin's Fat soluble it can cause poisoning, but if its water soluble it won't cause problem. The reason behind this is that fat soluble vitamins store in the body and with water soluble vitamins, your body takes what it needs and disposes the rest.

Yes this is true; And I think it also has to do with water processing thru your body and carrying the nutrients with it for better absorption. You should also try to use liquid vitamins or vegi capsules whenever possible as they break down faster as well.

Hi Karonica!
I am presently on my last few Nourishhair vitamins and personally I wish I had purchased the Ultra Nourishhair....when I go restock thosse will be the ones that I get. I think they work had about 2 inches of new growth if not more in 2 months... So if u want immediate results I would take the Ultra Nourishhair...but if u want to start slow and give your body time to adjust I woudl take Nourishhair then switch to Ultra Nourish Hair as I am doing. I have heard alot of great things about them /images/graemlins/grin.gif
HTH

The bolded is actually really important. Once you start changing what you put in your body you need to be really careful. Even if you are putting something healthy in, your body needs to get used to it. For example, I learned that I can't handle dairy fat, so I switched to soy milk. Well, that upset my stomach and I had to ease myself into the change. Now I can drink soy milk with no problem.

The same can be said about biotin, which is a major part of these vitamins. Your body may not be able to keep up with all of the bioting. So just start with the regular and then work your way up to ultra nourish so your body can metabolize it better. And you won't have to deal with the acne that some others get when they start taking biotin.

I took these back in 2003-2004, but I didn't think they were all that, given the price. I've had better results just sticking to cheaper vits like plain B complex, MSM, fish oil, biotin, etc. I do take hair vits at times, but I wouldn't go back to Ultra Nourishair because the results weren't remarkable despite taking consistently for several months.

I took these back in 2003-2004, but I didn't think they were all that, given the price. I've had better results just sticking to cheaper vits like plain B complex, MSM, fish oil, biotin, etc. I do take hair vits at times, but I wouldn't go back to Ultra Nourishair because the results weren't remarkable despite taking consistently for several months.

Same here! I took GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair for months and got less than stellar results. Now I take Nioxin Recharging supplements with an addition 2mg of Biotin, and my results are awesome. I plan on continuing this until I reach my final goal of MBL.:yep:

I take ultranourishair. I love that my nails grow fast and super strong when i take it. I don't really know if it's making any difference to my hair.

I used to take this brand but they broke my face out. For someone who has never had acne i wasnt used to that at all. So I switched to GNC's hair, skin, nails. Smaller pills and no breakouts.

Back