Votes: 18 16.5%
  • No! "Where they do that at?":crazy:

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhipEffectz1

One of my friends came over to my house today and she asked if I had any gel for her temple. I told her just JAM and she was like :perplexed : Then she asked me why don't I have any brown gel. Girl gone, I haven't used brown gel in a minute. She really missed me with that ish.:giggle:

Last edited:
i've heard jam is good..never tried brown gel since my relaxed days..but i love eco styling gel(the clear kind)

:nono: Nope.....The last brown gel I used was Dudley's conditioning gel it was kinda brown and that was years ago.....even before I was natural

You said Girl, Gone :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I gave that mess up years ago! My sister in-law asked to borrow some when she came to visit. I only had JAM also. There is no way I would put that mess on my hair ever again.

I honestly don't even know what this brown gel is. . .I've only used JAM on my hair maybe once or twice tops.

I have a bad memory of JAM anyway. When I was about 10 I got my hair done in drop curls for my graduation. After when my hair started reverting I thought it would be a good idea to use almost an entire JAR of JAM on my head just so it would stay soft :blush: A few minutes in and my hair was like a helmet! My mom was so mad when she got home!

I honestly don't even know what this brown gel is. . .I've only used JAM on my hair maybe once or twice tops.

I have a bad memory of JAM anyway. When I was about 10 I got my hair done in drop curls for my graduation. After when my hair started reverting I thought it would be a good idea to use almost an entire JAR of JAM on my head just so it would stay soft :blush: A few minutes in and my hair was like a helmet! My mom was so mad when she got home!

JAM doesn't make my hair that hard but since you used the whole jar....one never know.

Nah, but some naturals on the board still use it because it has better "hold" than clear gels. Really, there was nothing wrong with brown gel, except that it has protein, and most of us used to comb our hair after it hardened instead of re-wetting it or washing it out before combing/brushing.

I've thought about trying brown gel again because my hair is very soft, yet I've tried a lot of products (Elasta QP glaze, Hairveda Whipped Jelly, Elasta QP Elucence clear gel, Let's Jam, and all types of curly puddings) and none of them give that smooth shine and hold like brown gel....I'm just a little too afraid of breakage.

Yep! Sure do! I use the Eco Styler brown gel but only in the winter months (for extra hold when I want my PC styles to last longer). I mix the gel with some oil first then apply it!

ETA:I use the Eco Styler Olive Oil gel in the summer months.

I keep a little jar of that brown Ampro Prostyl under my bathroom sink for those times when I want to gel my hair down something fierce (which is rare). But I do not recommend using it on a daily basis to anyone. It dries as hard as a helmet and flakes like nobody's business.

I do. After trying the many different gels named on this board only to end up looking a HAM.... I stick to what works. I've had no problems from it. I usually only need it in the summer when i wear my hair curly. It gives me the best curl definition and hold. I don't put so much that it dries like cement though and I don't try and comb through it when it's dry.

No brown gel for me I ride with afroveda pur whipped jelly. It smells so good sometimes i put it in my hair just for the smell

I've had the small tub of dark and lovely brown gel sitting in my draw for like 2 years. It's not even been used. I miss the smell, i'm gonna go sniff it, lol . But i was gonna give it away at the link up i have next week, do you think anyone would want it? Lol

I always kept a small jar of Ampro Prostyl when I was relaxed and it was only for my edges. But I stopped buying it when I switched from relaxing to texturizing. That was back in the late 90's.

Nope. Im a Clear Eco Gel kinda chick :yep: .. now if I can convince my moms to toss out that HUGE jar of brown gel she has... all will be rite with the world LOL

Sorta. I bought a small jar about 6 months ago, I have used a nickel-sized amount once. I don't really wear my hair in a gel friendly style.

I can get my hair into a pony now, so I never know what's coming next as far as hairstyles and products I will use. I just make sure I have at least one of everything! :lachen: :look:

I use the black gel, haven't used the brown.. unless that's what you're talking about. I loooove it and its the only gel that makes my curls pop. I just have to use it sparingly because a little goes a long way.

I have ecostylers brown gel. It doesn't really give me the hold that Ampro does though. I haven't used Ampro black gel in years. But I do use their clear ice gel. I just recently started using gel again because I'm wearing half wigs and want to blend sometimes.

I use it (EcoStyler Brown) from time to time with my wash and gos. I don't have any problems with it on my hair at all. I rinse it out at the end of the day (but I do that anytime I use gel for my W&Gs)

I do. It's the only gel that gives me the hold im looking for when I do my phony ponies.
I dont't understand what everyone has against brown gel. A protien gel is a protien gel, no matter what color it is. the same exact gel comes in many different colors.

I used jam on my hair t his morning to slick my edges down and it looks great. Smells great too. But I only use it when I know i'm going to wash my hair the same or next day.

Brown gel is for the birds. I had enough of that in middle school. That stuff makes your hair look dirty as heck.

Yes, only because my hair is short and it helps to mold it and lay it down in the back and sides.

It's cut SUPER low now, but my hair is so coarse that without something to make it lay down, it looks super weird to have straight hair up top with my sides and back looking like a mini afro.

Back