• Yes! Is a pig's stuff pork?!!:lol:

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • No! "Where they do that at?":crazy:

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, I use aloe vera gel. It works very well.

This is what I use as well. I like it that it doesn't make my hair hard and it doesn't flake. No smell, no protein. After using this gel, I can even comb my hair without a problem if I wanted to.

i do at times....i prefer hairveda gelly or clear gel, but about 6-8 weeks post, it's either brown gel or touch up my texlax....so i break out the ampro!

i mix it with oil and don't comb, brush or manipulate my edges again until i rinse it out.

I have to wear my hair in a bun at work, and with type 4 hair, those other gels don't last through a 9 hour day. But, I heavily moisturize and oil my hair prior to application, and it's only used on the edges, if at all. So all in all, I might use it once or twice a week on the edges.

I haven't used it in many years. I associate it with all of the bad things I used to do to my hair, even though brown gel wasn't the worst thing I used to use.

I do. It's the only gel that gives me the hold im looking for when I do my phony ponies.
I dont't understand what everyone has against brown gel. A protien gel is a protien gel, no matter what color it is. the same exact gel comes in many different colors.

Exactly. :spinning:

Jam doesn't really work on my hair...actually it only works when my hair is wet. but the brown gel definitely does hold my hair/edges down

Aint nothing like my ampro gel. I just bought a LARGE jar for 2.29! I do use Fantasia with sparklites on occassion. Jam is too greasy for my liking. The sun and JAM= grease monkey& no hold!

Naw that stuff weigh my hair down, doesn't give me slick edges, and takes my hair out. It's a no all around, before I eve got to LHCF.

I use the brown eco styler gel every day. It slicks my hair down and my bun looks neat the whole day. I've tried clear gels on my hair and they don't do crap. I probably wouldn't use gel at all if I didn't co-wash everyday.

Yup! Faithfully use it when I put my hair in a ponytail or bun. JAM just doesn't hold the same for me and the brown gel has done me no wrong. :yep:

I have ecostylers brown gel. It doesn't really give me the hold that Ampro does though. I haven't used Ampro black gel in years. But I do use their clear ice gel. I just recently started using gel again because I'm wearing half wigs and want to blend sometimes.

I keep referring to my black gel as Ecostylers, but its actually the Ampro black gel that makes my hair come out gorgeous. Absolutely nothing else has compared, which is great because its dirt cheap!

I've been using it since 2008 and it has never failed me.
Ampro6oz.jpg

I keep referring to my black gel as Ecostylers, but its actually the Ampro black gel that makes my hair come out gorgeous. Absolutely nothing else has compared, which is great because its dirt cheap!

Ampro6oz.jpg

Tried that and although it slicked my hair down it made it cakey...so, I had to keep it movin...:sad:

Tried that and although it slicked my hair down it made it cakey...so, I had to keep it movin...:sad:

It doesn't mix well with all types of conditioners. I know that I can't use it with any thick conditioners so I co-wash with Suave and don't use anything else unless I know its a more liquidy type of conditioner. Otherwise I get hair boogers. I also realized that a little goes a long way.

I apply oil or natures blessings to my edges first then the gel. In my mind it "protects" my hair from any damage. I love that stuff. I recently bought a huge tub of Ampro.
JAM does nothing for me. It thinned out my edges. There is an ingredient in jam similar too the active ingredient in relaxers, turned me off. I'd rather deal with protein than the ingredient in Jam (Let's Jam).
Eco Gel is a joke for my hair...its too watery or something. I like sticky gels better.
If u use brown gel just make sure u take a wet rag and wipe ur ears, neck and hairline when ur done. That gel will dry up and have u looking dirty! LOL

Ampro6oz.jpg

That's the BROWN gel most ppl refer to...well it should be brown on the inside. If it's black, somethings wrong with it :yep:

Has anyone noticed Ecosyler (olive oil) changed your hair color? I never used gels when the gel craze hit 'cause I was in braids. So I'm totally new to the concept and usually it's an epic FAIL. So after my horror story with Eco-styler, I'm through with gel. Let the naps POP! I'm good.

Yes, clear gel makes my hair curly/frizzy. I have never had an issue with brown gel, as long as I don't cake it on and wash it out frequently. I don't think any gel is meant to be left in your hair for days at a time.

Has anyone noticed Ecosyler (olive oil) changed your hair color? I never used gels when the gel craze hit 'cause I was in braids. So I'm totally new to the concept and usually it's an epic FAIL. So after my horror story with Eco-styler, I'm through with gel. Let the naps POP! I'm good.

What happened with Eco?

Occassionally I will use the Eco-Brown gel but its not a must have for me. I do like the way it smells though. :yep:

Somehow in the in middle school and high school days, I missed the gel craze. I never tried gel until a year and half ago when I got on hair boards. Nothing seems to slick my edges down. I tried fantasia and eco styler now y'all got me wanting to get some ampro. I've never tried it before

Somehow in the in middle school and high school days, I missed the gel craze. I never tried gel until a year and half ago when I got on hair boards. Nothing seems to slick my edges down. I tried fantasia and eco styler now y'all got me wanting to get some ampro. I've never tried it before

Ampro will def slick those edges down. Slicks mine down without a scarf. TRY IT!:yep:

I used brown gel on my hair the other day for the first time in about 15 years. I was at a trade show and was given a jar of Elasta QP olive oil brown gel. I was in a hurry one morning and needed to lay my hair down right out of the shower and reached for it. I was in love :love: . It did not cake or flake and by the end of the day my hair was still soft. I still like IC gel for my wet buns but IDK... I need to check out the Elasta QP ingredients because that was some good stuff.

Back