Do you smooth your hair when relaxing it?

Do you smooth your hair while relaxing?

• Yes

Votes: 63 95.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I relax my hair, comb through and smooth and I come out with texlaxed hair. Its irritating because I always have to do a corrective relaxer

Sent from my Droid using Droid

If u want it straight go back and smooth three to four times....
Got this tip from liz muller on youtube.

Before smoothing my head that many times i was always underprocessed...

Sent from my ADR6400L

If u want it straight go back and smooth three to four times....
Got this tip from liz muller on youtube.

Before smoothing my head that many times i was always underprocessed...

Sent from my ADR6400L

Oh yeah I saw that. I like how straight I am. Its easier to stretch with how much texture I have.

I used to. The instructions said to. It's no more damaging than not smoothing. The only difference is less texture or straighter hair.

I answered Yeah.:look:

I use my Fingers/Sprush/Applicator Brush or whatever is closest to me, but I still end up a bit underprocessed. :ohwell:

Either by not leaving it on long enough or not smoothing enough.:perplexed

I promised myself I would have this process down before the End of the Year and I have 2 Relaxers left to perfect my technique.

Took me a long time ( and mentallylly cussing out what I thought were incompetent hair stylists) to realize my hair is resistant and it takes 1. Maximum time 2. Lots of smoothing 3. Maybe a bit of comb to get my texture how I like.'

Maybe cause I'm so used to my texture but I can't picture not smoothing producing anything but a loose wave/textured look. So yeah...smooth if you want it straight.

I've come to realize that I have resistant hair. When I do my TU in a few weeks I will comb through this time cuz I wanna be straighter. Right now I can't have straight hair without crazy heat or a rollerset, which I have yet to master. Do you ladies use a rat tail comb to smooth? What do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm working on getting rid of texlaxed hair. I really smoothed through with my last relaxer & it came out much straighter. With my next one, I'll probably try smoothing over and over to get my hair back bone straight.

I thought everybody smoothed. My stylists smooths my whole head MULTIPLE times and it comes out bone straight. I just got a touch up yesterday and she smoothed it and it is a much polished look.

Smoothing gets it straighter but as long as it's not left on too long it shouldn't cause additional damage.

I smooth with my fingers a bit through my hair because I like it texlaxed. With my clients, I use the teeth to comb through the NG and get it straighter.

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF
Hey there sweetie,

Do you mind me asking where you work at? I would like to get my hair professionally done for my birthday next month.

Thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

Sorry for being slightly ot ladies.

Back