Do you seal your conditioner with oil?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hi Ladies, a newbie with a question

I see many of you add oil to your DC but I see some members after putting the conditioner on their hair, then put oil on top of that...like if you were sealing....has anyone else tried this and is it different from just mixing oil with the DC?

When I pre poo wcertain conditioners I add oil after I apply conditioner. Like I will use a suave conditioner and then add Africa's Best Ultimate hair oil. Then I shampoo and DC. For me it help w/ detangling and I feel like I am making my cheapy conditioner work better.

I like butters more than oil. Usually after I wash and DC I will add my leave in, seal with avocado butter and twist it up until morninig. My hair loves this.

I am fairly new and working on a regimen. My hair has been really hard after I used a semipermanent rinse, so before I left this morning, I slathered on some Suave Coconut conditioner to smooth my hair back, then put cholesterol on the ponytail and topped the whole thing off w/ olive oil. I put a baggy over the ponytail and a phony pony on the baggie and left for the office. I will report on the results.

i use wgo on my end after conditioning. it makes what ever style i do come out looking shiny and healthy looking

Hi Ladies, a newbie with a question

I see many of you add oil to your DC but I see some members after putting the conditioner on their hair, then put oil on top of that...like if you were sealing....has anyone else tried this and is it different from just mixing oil with the DC?

Good question. I'm always interested in threads regarding oil(s) and conditioner(s). In fact, why don't we resurrect some of those old threads. Any more comments?

Last edited:
I usually moisturize my hair twice a day and then put oil over that. I never tried it with a conditioner thought, but it sounds like a good idea.

I guess you can say that I do that also. But I dont look at it as sealing I just applied my conditioner and because coconut oil absorbs better into the hair shaft than any other oil I rub it into my hair after I apply a deep conditioner. I was actually thinking of adding it to my conditioner because I have started applying in sections therefore it will have a good balanceof both.

Either way deep conditioning on dry hair and oil rinses are going great.

When I pre poo wcertain conditioners I add oil after I apply conditioner. Like I will use a suave conditioner and then add Africa's Best Ultimate hair oil. Then I shampoo and DC. For me it help w/ detangling and I feel like I am making my cheapy conditioner work better.

this is exactly what I do in fact I am doing it now....pre pooing with co & oil :yep:

Back