Do you really think your going to get to your goal

Heck yeah! I only got 2/3 months to go. Now after I get there I'll probably want 2/3 inches above waist because I am never satisified.

I am goin to reach my goall, because I dont have a set time on reaching it, I am only 2-3 inches from it, so patience has been my virtue!

Yep...I'll get there sooner or later!
smile.gif

I do think I'm going to get to my goal. I'm so close to braclasp. Depending on the bra I have I'm just brushing top of braclasp, to I have 1.5 inches to go.

Waist length is the length I'm now hoping for. It's a year and a half away (I'm being on the safe side). The longest my hair has been was midback as a kid of 8.

But I started cutting it and I wouldn't let it grow past my shoulders. The longest I had it before I went natural and cut it all off was just was close to brastrap, about 22.5 inches.

I'm now at 22.75 inches after measuring today. The difference between my hair then and now is that my sides and bangs are longer than back then. My hair all around length from hairline to ends is 20-22.75 inches. Before my bangs would get no longer than cheek length, and my sides would grow an inch past shoulderlength and uneven at that.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that I can grow hair to my butt!
grin.gif

I certainly hope so! I'm not to worried about reaching bra-strap because I've been there before. But my ultimate goal of near-waistlength/couple inches past bra-strap...we'll see. My goal isn't waist because I don't want to 'run out'- I want to be as realistic as I can without selling myself short.I think I can do it! Or come damn near close...but we'll surely see...

[ QUOTE ]
elite_chiq said:
...I know we allcan makeit to are goals but have any of you came to a legnth that you like and is easy to maintain. E.g you wanted waist but ended up with b/s because u liked it or wanted bra-strap but ended up with shoulder legnth because you like it? For example i want bra strap but i know i may just stop at in between b/s and shoulder. Sometime i think its something like "we want it and when we have it we no longer want it". Are some growing these hair just to prove that ethnic hair can grow? Please let me know if i am not making sense

e.c

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't know if I am going to make it. My hair is so dry and it's bound to break off if I can't fix it. I know one thing...conditioner washes don't work for me nor do braid outs right now. They both send my hair into extreme brittle land.

However, I am going to increase my water intake, eat right, start on a good vitamin regime and see. Let's hope so. I have had some growth, but not as fast as I would like it.

Yeah, I'll make it!

Though I'm currently a TWA and have never had long hair....I think I will get at least bra-strap length. I'm sure that my previous hair experiences were do to mishandling rather than inability to grow long.

i dont know if i'll get to bra strap. my husband talks about how thick my hair is becoming, but never about how long it's getting. i may have hit my limit here...not quite sure. but I'll still hope for bra strap even though it seems to have abandoned me...
sad-smiley-053.gif

I'm pretty confident that I will reach waist length. I am already a little past bra-strap and my hair is thriving nicely. I'm just a little worried that when I get there, it may be too much for me to handle, but oh, what a problem to have!
wink.gif
However, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Oh, and I must admit that part of me is growing my hair as long as possible to prove to folks that black women can grow long hair! Not hair that you can put into a ponytail or that is touching your shoulder blades(lengths that lots of black people classify as "long"). I mean classically long hair, princess hair.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
i dont know if i'll get to bra strap. my husband talks about how thick my hair is becoming, but never about how long it's getting. i may have hit my limit here...not quite sure. but I'll still hope for bra strap even though it seems to have abandoned me...
sad-smiley-053.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Leshia!!!!
grin.gif

Yes, I do think that I will reach my goal of brastrap length.

My strategy is to skip the trim at my next touchup (July). I hope to be comfortably at brastrap length by my birthday this year (November).
smile.gif
::::fingers & toes crossed!!::::
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Back