Do you put oils on your scalp?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 116 67.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • No opinion. I just want to see the poll.

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
yup. not sure if it's best to leave no oil on your scalp as a general rule though. for me personally, my scalp gets quite dry. regular washing and oiling my scalp is best for me. i use a blend of jojoba, coconut, olive oil and some essential oils. the blend is infused with garlic. i use it ever 2-3 days.

Yes. I use a product called Crowning Glory by Wiseways. It's a combo of herbs based in sesame, coconut, castor and jojoba oils. It has nettles, rosemary, chapparel, etc. I like it and I use it about 3x week.

I've started to oil my scalp with vatika oil. I do it because even though I apply moisturizer to my hair, my scalp still looks really dry and ashy. I don't know. Anyway, oiling my scalp is helping to alleviate this.

I think that some people's scalps are like the skin on your face- sensitive. It can get irritated easily and you don't want to put a lot of stuff on it. But, some people's scalps are like your elbows/ knees- their scalp needs to be moisturized to keep from becoming dry and itchy, even visibly flaking. :yep:

Yes I do. Your scalp naturally produces sebum, so I believe putting natural oils on your scalp is beneficial. It's actually crucial for me when I have NG. I massage my scalp with coconut oil and it makes my NG feel more manageable. Also it helps alleviate dry scalp for those that have it. I wouldn't put mineral oil or petroleum jelly (aka vaseline) on my scalp though.

No, I do not put oils or anything on my scalp unless it's in need of some healing. When I had itches that I suspected were due to systemic candidiasis, I applied coconut oil + caprylic acid capsule and/or oil of oregano. When I was healing my scalp after alopecia, I applied the Essential Oil Blend for Growth. Other than those times, I love a scalp that is squeaky clean and free of any oils or products.

I do oil my scalp but with lighter natural oils like jojoba, almond, evoo, coconut, amla, bhringraj, shikakai, and grapeseed oils.

Some info from a natural skin care site lists some of the most popular and very beneficial oils which are being used for beautiful long hair with indefinite good qualities are:

Jojoba Oil - can be used for dry hair as it helps to moisturize your hair properly. It helps to soften your hair and can be used to detangle your hair before shampooing.

Olive Oil - strengthens your hair and nourishes it due to inherent qualities it has. It helps to reduce stress and promotes the idea of healthy hair by providing elasticity to your hair.

Coconut Oil - is one of the oil which helps in the lubrication of the hair. The content in coconut oil like magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron happens to provide the best for your hair. It is very useful for damaged hair due to its ability to strengthen it.

Rosemary Herbal Oil - is very useful for the unwanted and flaky dandruff problems. Warm the oil slightly and apply it with the help of your fingers or cotton. Rub it well on the scalp and wrap with a hot towel.

Added by me - One can make their own by infusing fresh rosemary leaves in some evoo or jojoba oil for about 3-5 days and adding a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the infusion. Store the infusion either on top of the refrigerator or in a window sill where the sun can shine on it. This ensures that the infusion becomes potent enough for maximum results.

Sometimes yes. Besides megatek or ovation, I use coconut oil or lately cocoasta oil from hairveda. I massage it in the night before I wash.

No....and I should.
Because some oils are VERY good for the scalp.

But I don't. I just put it on my hair.
It's a mental thing.
I'm working through my 'Grease Phobia'.:ohwell:
My aunts used to grease me down!!! I mean, just glop it on...ugh! :perplexed
I had so much Blu Magic in my head you could erect a bunch of oil derricks and drill up there....

I put oil on certain parts of my scalp on rare occasions, If I notice that I have dryness (or buildup) when I part my hair on one side as a style, I will put a little olive oil on that area of my scalp until I can wash my hair. I don't oil my whole scalp. I actually never thought about it before. I had stopped using grease (which I know is different from oil) on my scalp years ago, and I noticed that my scalp felt so much better and less itchy.

No....and I should.
Because some oils are VERY good for the scalp.

But I don't. I just put it on my hair.
It's a mental thing.
I'm working through my 'Grease Phobia'.:ohwell:
My aunts used to grease me down!!! I mean, just glop it on...ugh! :perplexed
I had so much Blu Magic in my head you could erect a bunch of oil derricks and drill up there....

I can totally relate to this! I still remember the weekly scalp greasing sessions my mother used to have on my head.

I oil my scalp with coconut oil, vatika, and profective. I'm assuming that since these are nutritive oils, and readily absorbed, that they are like food for the scalp! :lick:

Back