Do you put oils on your scalp?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 116 67.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • No opinion. I just want to see the poll.

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
LOL. I wouldn't say that, but this is the benefits that I have had. I think that oiling the scalp can promote growth but whether or not it is 'necessary', IDK.

i oil my scalp and i got my bro gf to start doing that and her edges which never grow is growing and filling in and a spot that her got burned when she was lil never had no hair and now it's filling in a growing.

it has benefits but you don't have to oil your scalp if you have a oily scalp forget it but if you have a dry scalp it can help. i oil about 1 a week it's up to you. you don't HAVE to but it depends on the persons scalp.

I massage castor oil and vatika oil combo into my scalp about twice a week. I think it helps with growth and dry scalp.

I put oil on my scalp as far as for scalp massages and when i can remember i use Boundless Tresses (a growth aide) directly on the scalp.
Lately i've been forgeting to do both, so other than that NOTHING on the scalp.

Ugh this poll makes me sad because I just don't want to start putting crap on my scalp. :sad::sad::sad:

You don't have too! Do what works for you. If you are having success by not oiling then your fine. If you feel that oiling may benefit you then give it a whirl.

As for me I oil my scalp with WGHO (keeps the NG soft) or Ojon Restorative Treatment (normally the day before I wash).

I oil my scalp with the world's original antibacterial agent - castor oil! I do this 3 x weekly since 11/11 and I've gotten noticeably thicker hair - and it's a whole lot softer now too:yep: I'm so in love with this stuff I ordered 3 32 oz bottles from oilsbynature.com!!!

I oil my scalp with the world's original antibacterial agent - castor oil! I do this 3 x weekly since 11/11 and I've gotten noticeably thicker hair - and it's a whole lot softer now too:yep: I'm so in love with this stuff I ordered 3 32 oz bottles from oilsbynature.com!!!

The smell didn't bother you? I ordered a bottle as well and couldnt handle the smell. I'm using it up by mixing w/ my DC.

I'm using Black Castor oil on my scalp. Smell doesnt bother me and i still put EO's in it to speed up stuff.

Yup, once a week...

I don't use the same oils each time, I switch it up depending on how my scalp has been behaving that week.

No. My hair is too fine for that, the oil would definitely weigh my hair down and make my bangs separate!

Yup I oil my scalp,
I oil my edges and nape with natural oasis oil. These are my weak areas!

That's the exact same thing I do - edges and nape w/ natural oasis - b/c those are the areas that thinned out due to wearing tight extensions. And it is filling in - slowly but surely. I've also been struggling w/dermatitis. I've been told to keep the scalp clean - and I do use dandruff shampoo twice a week. So afterwards I add oil to those areas and they seem to be doing better. I was a bit skeptical at first b/c other commercial products I put on my scalp did nothing and may have even clogged my pores - but using natural oils seem to work just fine. I think I will continue to oil my scalp after my thin areas fill in and my dermatitis goes away b/c it doesn't hurt.

Nope, I co-wash daily and use my condtioner as a leave in and seal with castor oil and when I brush my hair, I just assume that the oil is distributed to my scalp as my scalp is never dry and always looks hydrated.

i oil my scalp and i got my bro gf to start doing that and her edges which never grow is growing and filling in and a spot that her got burned when she was lil never had no hair and now it's filling in a growing.

it has benefits but you don't have to oil your scalp if you have a oily scalp forget it but if you have a dry scalp it can help. i oil about 1 a week it's up to you. you don't HAVE to but it depends on the persons scalp.

Which oils did your brother's gf use?

Where do you get peppermint oil, and all these other oils you all are mentioning, in the beauty supply store???

As someone else mentioned it is mos def a cultural thing. I no longer "grease" my scalp and my scalp isn't as dry as it use to be. My kids no longer do it either and everyone's hair is growing fine with no dandruff. That use to be a big problem for us all.

I voted no, but actually when the winter weather gets really cold, I do rub some coconut oil on my scalp each time I wash my hair.

Back