***DO YOU PUT MEGA-TEK ON DRY OR WET HAIR??***

JuicesN'Berries

Hello ladies I was wondering if you all are applying mega-tek on wet or dry hair?? And for you relaxed ladies that apply it on dry hair does this effect your daily styling....I bought a applicator from sallys and I want to apply some but right now but my hair is flat-ironed and I don't want to mess that up just yet...TIA

Scalp :)

Some people put it on there hair, but only occasionally. If you decide to do it that way, make way to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner to try and avoid breakage.

I don't put it on my hair as I already have a strengthening conditioner for that. I only put it on my scalp, dry.

Hi again! Since I put it on my scalp, it doesn't matter to me whether it's wet or dry, and it doesn't affect my flat ironed styles. I too started out using one of those color applicator bottles from Sally's, but found that it causes me to use way too much product. So, I went to Wal-mart and got one of those small plastic jars you find in the travel size products aisle, and put my MT in there. That way I can use my fingertips to apply rather than squeezing too much from the applicator bottle. Hope this helps.

Not sure what happened to my post..........

I apply to scalp on dry hair. If I'm using it as a DC I apply on wet hair:)

I just started using Megatek and I apply it to my scalp. So far I've only applied it to dry hair but when I wash my hair tomorrow I will put MT on wet hair.

Usually on damp hair; but I've applied it to my hair dry plenty of times too. Either way has proven over these past 11 "Eqyss" product (Mega Tek and Ovation) months to be fine. :yep:

I use it on my dry scalp daily, and on my dry hair as a DC very infrequently - but I always DC on dry hair unless I'm henna'ing...

Use it after shampooing on wet hair - leave it on at least 30 minutes at the latest overnight - then DC with either AO HSR or Redken Heavy Cream - my hair is very fine and I know putting it on my scalp will weigh my hair down. I may try it when I learn how to bun :)

MT has definitely strengthened my hair as well as making it both thicker and longer...

ETA - You lookin' good in the Christmas picture...

Last edited:
Back