do you pre poo?

I use honey, Suave conditoner, and EVOO as a pre poo treatment. I mix all the ingredients in a container and warm them in the microwave. I usually do it on dry hair and cover with a plastic cap. I leave it on for 30 mins to an hour--sometimes longer depending on what I have scheduled for the day.

My fav pre poo treatment is Lustrasilk Aloe Cholesterol. I'll warm it in the microwave & apply (section by section) to my *dry* hair; let it sit at least 1 hr, overnight if time permits; then proceed to poo. I've done this while relaxed, during my transition & now that I'm natural.

Works like a CHARM /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

One of these oils: Coconut, Olive, Castor mixed with a few drops of rosemary oil. I warm up the oil, mix a few drops of rosemary and apply to dry hair and scalp. Massage in, leave on about 10-30min. and rinse. Shampoo/condition as usual.

I use a cheap conditioner like suave milk & honey or VO5 honey & almond and mix it with coconut oil or olive oil and honey.

I used Generic Nexxus Therappe conditioner as a pre poo for a few weeks. I loved the way it made my hair feel--very light and fluffy. But after a while it was light, fluffy, and dry--so I stopped using it as a pre poo. But it was good while it lasted.

What exactly is the purpose of a pre poo?
I have done it before but couldn't say I noticed anything b/c its shampooed out.

I use to do a pre-shampoo treatment with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner, then I stopped because I didnt have time to do so or it felt like it wasnt doing anything to my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
What exactly is the purpose of a pre poo?
I have done it before but couldn't say I noticed anything b/c its shampooed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, it helps moisturize my hair. I have EXTREMELY dry hair and the hot oils help. It makes my hair much more softer and moisturized.

To answer the question: I am like the others. I use a conditioner like VO5 or Renewal 5x(very moisturizing) mixed with EVOO and a little Jojoba Oil warmed in a cup of hot water and then I sit under a dryer(medium heat setting) for about 30 mins....Or I use just the oils as the treatment. I do this for my daughter's very dry natural hair as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said: What exactly is the purpose of a pre poo?
I have done it before but couldn't say I noticed anything b/c its shampooed out

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't rinse mine completely out. I just let the water run over it a little and then squeeze. I just recently experimented with parting my hair in sections and "greased" my scalp with the shampoo. This way I can massage my head and I know my scalp is getting clean. My hair is smoother and silkier and has lots of slip. Especially when I use the oils only as a pre-poo.

~op~

When I pre-poo, I use Ghee butter. Excellent at curing dry hair! But don't use it if your hair is fine because it is heavy.

During the summer months I don't do anything, but now that it's colder my hair is telling me it needs extra attention. I just started with pre-shampoo treatments with coconut oil which I use with a heat cap for 30 min and then leave it on overnight, wash out in the morning. Even though I shampoo it out in the morning much of it is retained and keeps my hair really shiny & soft. I have some avacodo butter & aloe-shea butter I got from FNWL which I might experiment with too this winter as a pre-shampoo treatment.

I just started using melted coconut oil, EVOO and a little honey. I don't leave it on any longer than 10 minutes. I apply this to damp hair.

My mixes vary with what I think my hair needs at the time.

It seems to help me with flyaways and frizz.

<font color="purple">For my pre-poo, I sometimes use Le'Kair Cholesterol when I need an overnight conditioning. For the most part, I take coconut oil, castor oil, EVOO, some conditioner, either honey or molasses, and heat it in a microwaveable cup. I sometimes mist my hair before applying. But I like to apply it to dry hair. I leave in for about an hour. Rinse, and do my CW while showering (this is what I did Saturday night). I have the mixture pre-made for the next pre-poo.

Next time, I'm going to purchase coconut milk for my Tropical Cocktail treatment; which is going to be a totally delicious treat for my hair. /images/graemlins/lick.gif I may find some Pina Colada conditioner if I'm lucky. </font>

Either coconut conditioner with evoo and honey or closer to touch up time, coconut milk/lime w/coconut conditioner.

The summer wash n' go made me lazy, so now my pre-poo treatment is just conditioner. /images/graemlins/look.gif Something by Nature's Gate typically (Aloe or Herbal/Original). It leaves my hair really moist afterwards.

For me the purpose of a pre poo is to help protect the length of my hair to be dried out by the shampoo.

I alternate between sleeping with olive oil in my hair or just a dab of conditioner on the lengths of my hair for a few minutes before I shampoo.

Pre-Poo treatment before every shampoo: lavender, cedarwood, ylang ylang, and rosemary essential oils in a Castor Oil base. I put on a plastic cap and sit under a dryer for 30 minutes. Sometimes only 15 mins, if I don't like the dryer that day /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I did a pre-shampoo with Aussie Moist conditioner, olive oil, and honey earlier today. It was the first time i had done one in over a year... maybe 2 years. WHen I rinsed it out my hair was so soft and smooth. My hair needed that since it had been so hard and dry recently.

I use Queen Helene placenta oil leave it on for a few minutes. I apply it all over my hair but concentrate it on my new growth which tends to get drier the longer I transition, &amp; on my ends.

Any cheap conditioner mixed with oil (either castor, olive, almond, or avocado). I usually add some black strap molasses or honey in there too. My hair loves pre poos /images/graemlins/love.gif

Back