Do you plan to renew your vows?

pinkchocolatedaisy

Or have you? I've only been married 2 yrs- well it'll be 3 on Oct 9 this year. I am nowhere near close to even thinking about it. When I first got married, I thought, why renew? Isn't once enough?:rolleyes::lachen: (I'm thinking of Bernie Mac- RIP- in that movie Guess Who, one of my fave movies BTW).

Ok anyhoo, I was wondering at what point do you think you should/would renew? 10 years? 20? And what exactly would you do?

I'll hit 3 years in December and we did a JP (I don't like weddings, waste of time and money IMO) so I figured at the 5 year mark we have a reception and renew our vow to appease our folks.

Hubby and I had planned to do it at the 10 year mark but didn't. We will at the 20 year mark when we are able to afford a nicer ceremony.

We planned to renew our 20th this year but our two oldest daughters are in college so thats where our money went so we decided to hold off until we can do it our way no exceptions.

We planned to renew our 20th this year but our two oldest daughters are in college so thats where our money went so we decided to hold off until we can do it our way no exceptions.
This is my thought also. Why half do it?

We got married when I was 17 at the city county building. lol I've already had my 'get what you can' ceremony. I want what I want for the next one. :D

We did for our 10th and it was lovely.
For our 20th we planned on doing it again but spent the money on a trip instead.
We will not renew for our 30th but we plan on having a reception like celebration. Same for the 40th.
But for our 50th......we plan on traveling somewhere special......we just don't know where yet.
:grin:

Hubby and I have talked and we plan to eventually renew our vows in Hawaii. We eloped to Reno and got married so fast I forgot to even take my puffy jean coat off and our two witnesses were friends we'd kidnapped to go with us. Both of them were high as a kite on marijuana. We've been married for 17 yrs so far. Having just had baby #4 we are going to wait until our 20th yr to try to do it so that all the kids are older and we can recoup some diaper money...

When we do, I want a simple ceremony with a nice dress, friends and a wedding cake!

Back