Do you leave your conditioner in all day long?...

loverofnaps71

Just wondering, especially for natural hair:

Is it o.k. to leave regular conditioner in all day long without washing out? I decided to do this with an organic conditioner for natural hair because it makes my hair so soft. I don't do this all the time, just every once in a while.

So, have you guys done this, too? Does it hurt the hair?
fan.gif

I do. I like Elucence as a leave-in. And I use MotownGrl's Leave-In which is basically a rinse out conditioner with some extra "stuff" added to it. My hair has never looked or felt better.
smile.gif

BTW--I make it with Suave's Biobasics Conditioner (fake Biolage Conditioning Balm).

I do too! I use all types of conditioners as leave-ins. But my recent favorite has been Herbal Essences Intensive Conditioners. Very rich and moisturizing!

-lee

I actually use Sebsatian Mositure Base as a styling. I leave it in and even let it dry in there.

One my hair this product is a multi-purpose miracle worker.

I called a hair salon in NY to see if they had it and the nasty receptionist told me they didn't ahve it in stock because it was discontinued. I swear I almost went to the store so I could cut her......

My razor blade was in my cheek - cocked and ready to go!
laugh.gif

Anyway - the answer to YOUR question
look.gif
is yes.
laugh.gif

Re: Do you leave your conditioner in all day long?

I always have some amount of conditioner in my natural hair. Usually the brand is Elucence or Suave Tropical Coconut. I haven't noticed any damaging effects and I've been doing this since last October.
smile.gif

FUNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY!!! I bought 911 leave in today and was very disappointed. I read the ingredients and decided that it was safe, you know, not too much alcohol. In fact the 'ol' ingredient was near the bottom. Anyway, I wanted to try it as a natural since I had heard so much positive things about it. Wasn't for me, so I'll have to keep on trying. I was going to buy Kera leave-in but it was too expensive and too much alcohol. I will, however, keep trying until I get there. Right now, I am using Pantene Relaxed & Natural as a conditioner. I only do conditioner washes and only wash maybe once a week. I wish I could wait every 2 weeks, but I workout a lot.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me on this.
angeldevil.gif

I don't know if I like 911 either. Sometimes I use it just for moisture in a spray bottle with an added eo (that stuff stinks!)
perplexed.gif

I cant remember which brand i used but i left conditoner in my hair all day adn went to school, since i washed it out the next morning i didnt see any harm in it being in my hair
One conditioner i can't leave in is VO5 Conditioner in Pina Colada or Pine Cola, it is way too thick and moisturising , it would be great for conditioner washes

I don't think it would hurt the hair if you left conditioner in all day depending on the type of conditioner. I wouldn't do it for say a regular protein conditioner but have left Aubrey's GPB (a protein) conditioner in all day and had no problems (this is the only p. conditioner that won't dry my hair out.

I think doing it with most moisturizing conditioner, particularly a personal fave must do good I'd think...

I do this all of the time. I'll let the conditioner stay in my hair, make a bun & go on about my day. When I get back home or even the next day, I'll rinse it out
cool.gif
. I've just started this & thus far, I haven't noticed any problems.

Back