Do you know many long haired (past BSL) black women?

Most people around me keep their hair weaved up so aside from my colleagues here on the board (and YouTube lol), sadly I don't know of any.

But it's great to know they are out there. :yep:

I know one and that's my best friend's sister. She does barely anything to her hair. She barely washes it. My best friend told me like every six months she washes it. Once a year she relaxes, greases and flat iron it and her hair is to her butt. When I saw her she was always scratching her head in her ponytail she barely takes down. She still trifling to me. Idc long hair and all. And coming from her sis she barely washes and you can smell her smh

Thems the breaks. They get to wear their hair down, we get to stay unwrinkled.
LOL, this! I will take that deal any day. I just turned 45 this year, and last month one of my co-workers brought her summer intern around for intros. When she met me, she asked me if I went to X University. I did, and I said yes. She goes, "Oh, I think I have seen you on campus; do you have a blog?" I laughed and told her I graduated from that university 24 years ago, so no you haven't, and you probably have not seen my blog. Poor little thing (a white girl) looked so confused. I just went back to my office and thanked my genetics. :lachen:

Oh, and I have only known 1 Black woman with waist-length hair as an adult--a Jamaican girl who was by best friend in my early 20s, who had shoulder-length hair when we were young, then when she got pregnant with her daughter in her mid-thirties, her hair flourished without much effort, and didn't shed when her daughter was born. When I was a kid going to Catholic school, I knew 3; a blonde-haired, blue-eyed (obviously bi-racial) Black girl, a Haitian girl who was my sister's best friend, and a classmate of mine who was Hispanic Black.

Most of my family has long hair. Too many to count. Both sides. My mother is WL - APL depending on if she feels scissor-happy.

Outside of my family, not too many.

I can think of only think of two family members (mother-daughter) that has never had BSL and beyond hair. All the other women/girls (and some men) in my family have all had BSL and beyond hair at some point in their lives. Our family is known for our thick long hair. And that includes all textures from 4 - 2.

I've actually known quite a few throughout my lifetime......
Me too. My bestie from Catholic school (3-something), my homegirl from TAG (4 something), at least one girl in middle school, my cousins down South (one was WL), and allll my cousins on my father's side. They have some beautiful, thick, long hair :lick:, all different hair types but mostly 3b-4a, I think.

All that long hair on both sides of my family proved to me (before the hairboards) that I could have long hair, I just kept breaking it off with heat and overlapping relaxers. I've been APL at least once a year for the last 10 years and then I have to cut it back due to scraggly ends. :nono: I'm learning, y'all. :lol:

I know about a dozen, maybe a little less. They all wear their hair really straight and blunt. Not a lot of styling. They don't wear buns.

Well PAST BSL I can only remember a couple during high school. I know a whole lotta women with BSL hair though. One of my besties and her sister... now that I think about it her sis might be past BSL because I notice it's BSL with curls. The other women are former coworkers who were relaxed and a couple who are transitioning. The natural women I know I'm not sure of their length since we're all wearing protective styles or wash-n-goes lately.

Oh and my Mom and aunt, I think if they didn't get their hair trimmed every month it would be BSL or longer. They seem to prefer APL.

Back