Do you have to use veggi glycerin?!

lizzyb168

Im about to create a moisturising spritz with aloe vera juice, glycerin and rose water.

The glycerin i bought was from the food and cake making section. From what i can see its no vegetable glycerin. Does it even matter?

Thanks in advance for responses!

From what I know vegetable glycerin is pure and more natural and glycerin is not and it's cheaper. There's also animal glycerin as well. Added to that I know for me if the weather is too cold the glycerin makes the moisture escape from my hair so I don't use it in the colder months.

Hmm..I really don't know. I did use a bottle a while back from the laxtive section at CVS and it didn't state vegetable glycerin. I didn't notice any significant differences when I used it in my mixture.

Also, but glycerine and cold weather - Glycerine is a humectant, so it absorbs moisture from the air. When the weather turns cold, there is less moisture in the air, so the glyerine will then begin attempted to get it from your hair. In order to keep this from happening, make sure you mix the glycerine with an equal amt of water in your spritz. I use Rose Water and I have no issues with it drying my hair out. I live in the desert, so technically, it should be drying my hair out year round, but using this tip I've had nothing but success with it.

In my experience, the vegetable glycerine is not as sticky as the one you get in the pharmacy (not sure whether the pharmacy-type is animal glycerine or not). Vegetable glycerine is a lot runnier and not as thick. I personally prefer it.

Back