Do you have LAYERS?

queenofmean68

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I have no clue how to style my hair anymore! I got a lot of damage cut out and for years my hair has always been one length. Now that it isn't I do know what to do! My hair won't stay in a decent ponytail and I have no idea on how to curl my hair to display the layers.
Suggestion please!

Yes it is relaxed and I usually wear my hair straight. It was so much easier when it was all one length. When my stylist did my hair it was so pretty, but I have no clue how to "show" them off.
Should I roll my hair at night and then wrap it in the morning before I head out?

Wish I could help, but I am in the same boat as u.
perplexed.gif

Well, if you wear your hair wrapped--what I use to do when I wore my hair relaxed and straight, I would pin curl the layers at the top of my hair and then wrap the bottom half of my hair and in the morning comb out....
crazy.gif

i have layers and i have no problems displaying them. since yours are fresh they should be easy to show off.

tip-it's all in the type of comb that you use/and how you style. use a comb that has wide teeth and DON'T comb your hair straight down whatever you do. comb it as though you are going to wrap it but stop short-am i making sense?

[ QUOTE ]
kjames001 said:
Wish I could help, but I am in the same boat as u.
perplexed.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! Having layers was nice when my hair was short, but not now. My hair is not even at all.

I had layers and i used to roller set my hair up (you know how the hairdresser usually puts the rollers, just do it the opposite way) and then i raked my hands thru my hair..

i got my hair cut in layers at the end of september 2003 (i wore them flipped out), but now i'm growing them out and had my hair cut all one length in the beginning of march.

My hair is also currently in layers. Before...they were noticeable because the top part was shorter...but now that part has pretty much caught up with the rest of my hair.

When I wanted to do a ponytail...I would use some decorative hair pins on the sides to hold my edges back. They look really nice with buns and ponytails. If you haven't already...maybe you could give them a try.
smile.gif

My layers are growing out also. I agree that roller setting and then comb-thru with a wide tooth comb or rake with w i d e l y spaced teeth works great. Using your fingers helps, too. I got complements all the time on my hair when it was layered and set.

I'm still combing and wrapping my hair as if it were all one length---that is the problem.

I wished I knew how to pin curl! Does anyone know a site that has shows how to do this step by step?

I don't have any layers (in the back), but I'm probably getting some after my next touch-up. My hairstyles look too flat.
barf.gif

QOM, do you roll your hair up at night? I would suggest using smaller rollers for the layered lengths in contrast with the longer parts. That should help show them off.

[ QUOTE ]
Aerie17 said:
My layers are growing out also. I agree that roller setting and then comb-thru with a wide tooth comb or rake with w i d e l y spaced teeth works great. Using your fingers helps, too. I got complements all the time on my hair when it was layered and set.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I do my hair.

Back