Do you ever use your Deep Conditioner as a Moisturizer or Leave in???

lamaria211

I have quite a few DCs and not that many moisturizers im trying to figure out if I can use some of DCs as moisturuzers?? Does anyone do this with no issues? If so please list which ones youve tried what worked and which ones didnt. TIA

when I was relaxed I occasionally would use lekair cholesterol as a LI

Now as a natural i use SM deep treatment and anti breakage masks for twisting my hair (essentially a leave in)

I would (if I needed to) use any moisturizing DC as a LI, maybe thin it out with some AVJ :yep:

Yes. Wasn't this that woman's regimen? LadyP___ something? I think she called it the deep moisture method and grew her hair to waist length using this method. She also hid her hair under wigs.

I've done it and didn't have any problems. I think the key is finding a DC that isn't too moisturizing to make your hair mushy and one that isn't too protein heavy.

Yes. I only us DC for my leave-in. Keeps my hair moisturized for days on end. One of the best things I could have done for my hair since I wear my hair in WnGs. I also use heavy sealants.

I recently started using my DCs as leave-ins and haven't had any issues. I use them full strength. If anything, I've experienced less breakage.

I use DC as a leave in, my hair loves thicker textures. for me. it can weighs down hair but hair is softer for longer :lick:
sometimes depending on the product, it can leave a light white film (because after all it's a "mask" but this film disappear(whatever the DC i've left in) some minutes after applying.

Yup. I use CJ Curl Rehab as a leave-in in the winter or if I am traveling long distances and will be on a plane with that terribly drying, recycled air for a long time.

Sure do! My hair loves it. :grin:

My faves are Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk and Camille Rose Moisture Max. :lick:

I was thinking of using my SD Vanilla Silk, Curls Coconut Curlado condish and CJ Rehab as moisturizers thanks ladies

Sure do! My hair loves it. :grin:

My faves are Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk and Camille Rose Moisture Max. :lick:

:blush: I've just googled this.. The mixologist in me has to duplicate it ! I think Imma use oat milk and aloe juice instead of water and coconut milk :rolleyes:

My mom used up my alter ego garlic conditioner using it as a deep conditioner and leave in. Her hair was beautiful, full of body and shine.

SimJam tiffers

I'm wondering about something.. with this kind of use .. Do you still need to Deep conditioning hair ?:look:
We like using the DC on hair several times a week as a leave in.
last saturday was my wash day, I was like "why would I put it on for rinsing it then if I usually just put it and go"

...nay?

Krystle~Hime said:
SimJam tiffers

I'm wondering about something.. with this kind of use .. Do you still need to Deep conditioning hair ?:look:
last saturday was my wash day, I was like "why would I put it on for rinsing it then if I usually just put it and go"

...nay?

Interesting.....
But nothing beats a DC on clean hair with some heat:)

Yep. All day, erry day!

Giovanni Nutrafix, to be exact. I use this as a DC and alternate between this and Nature's Gate Aloe Moisturizing Conditoner (old forumla, no protein) to make sure my hair stays balanced!

@SimJam @tiffers

...nay?

Krystle~Hime

I no longer DC. I dont see the point. DC is on my hair constantly so whats the point of leaving it on for a few hours and rinsing it off? To just then reapply it as a leave-in? I do baggy once a week over night though. No added product or anything. I just put a baggy over my head. It helps more moisture penetrate my hair.

Yes I do this with HE LTR and my hair loves it and I seal with vatika oil. I have some HE HH to use up also. I will try it the same way this week. So far so good.

KurlyNinja
thanks this is what I was wondering... Why would I rinse it out if I would reapply it later as a leave in :nono: kind a waste of product, personaly..
thanks for replied to me ;)

I use Jessie Curls WDT (Weekly Deep conditioning Treatment) as a LI and DC, my hair stays moisturized and it has great slip for detangling.

I use AOWC as a leave in. Sometimes mixed with water as a spritz, sometimes by itself. AOHSR was too thick for me.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Pompous Blue said:
lamaria211
That's why I stocked up during BF 2011 and during Nounou's Boutique's Memorial Day sale. It is a popular conditioner.

I use it as a leave-in and DC.

I found some 16oz bottles for 20$ but I have to wait til Jan. To purchase anything new :(

I've done it many a day with my regular conditioners. I usually add some water a little oil and a dash of glycerin. My hair loved it, and I saved money to boot! Lol matter of fact, why did I stop doing that? If I were to use a deep conditioner I would do exactly the same mix.... Wow, here I am buying 50-11 hair moisturizers/ lotions etc for nothing! Lol Ready to go in the house and get my mix on!

I have the bee mine be-u-ti-ful deep conditioner and i was not satisfied with the results as a rinse out conditioner. I was ready to give it away, then decided to use it as a moisturizer since its ingredients are natural and organic ( that's the claim on the jar). I used 3 times this week, twice under a baggy, and my ends have never been so moisturized. I also been upping my protein, so it might be that my hair is accepting moisture better:perplexed? Anyways i will keep doing that and hope the long term result is positive.

Back