Do you count transitioning weeks/months like babies?

naturalmanenyc

You know how people say their baby is 12 weeks old (instead of 3 months) or 13 months instead of 1 year. And they do this up to 24 months - 2 years old & then suddenly the baby's age is given in years instead of months?

I find myself still saying 57 weeks into transition, when I could easily just say I'm at the beginning of month 14 or the beginning of year 2.

How do you count?

I'm not as precise about dates like that. I can't remember relationship anniversaries and that translates over into hair as well. By the time I decided I was going to transition I could tell you the month but not the day of my last relaxer. Therefore, even the amount of months that I count are off by a few days/maybe one or two weeks.

I'm not as precise about dates like that. I can't remember relationship anniversaries and that translates over into hair as well. By the time I decided I was going to transition I could tell you the month but not the day of my last relaxer. Therefore, even the amount of months that I count are off by a few days/maybe one or two weeks.

ITA. I barely even can keep up with the current date sometimes lol. I could be sitting there acting like it's Monday when it's actually Wednesday.
I'm not that great at counting days... but all I remember is that my last relaxer was December 20th, 2008. Can someone tell me how long it's been?

I do both. Next week I'll be 67 weeks post. Or on the 19th I'll be 16 months... When I'm talking to non LHCFers I say the months.

I've starting saying that I'm 2 months and some weeks post rather than 130 weeks (exaggerating). When people tell me that their babies are 26 weeks old or they're 19 weeks post relaxer I sit there counting to myself how many months that is.

I did weeks up to a certain point, but months is so much easier. Don't nobody feeling like calculating what you're tryin to say when u say you're 83 wks post lmao. I suppose once (if) I hit 24 mos, I'll just say 2 yrs etc...

I guess I do both.. I used to do weeks but then I kinda lost count.. months are enough for me.. eventually I will use years.. I'd feel foolish saying I'm 210 weeks post.. it doesn't mean anything to anyone instantly.. I'm bad at maths myself so I'm not going to confuse anyone else!

I'm gonna keep counting in weeks for a bit. I guess because most people count time between relaxers in weeks, it's not a big change to count post relaxer in weeks.

I always use months. I can't go by the weeks. I know my date, but it so much for me to get a calendar and count the weeks. Call me lazy.

I did weeks up to a certain point, but months is so much easier. Don't nobody feeling like calculating what you're tryin to say when u say you're 83 wks post lmao. I suppose once (if) I hit 24 mos, I'll just say 2 yrs etc...

Same here. I was saying the weeks until I hit 8 months then I =t just made more sense to use months.

Right now I'm 21 months into the transition.

Back