Do you add oil to your conditioner?

Do you add oil to your conditioner?

• Total voters

LovelyLionessa

I've been reading where ladies add oil to their conditioning treatments. With oil rinses I have discovered my hair loves oil. Just curious how many of you combine the best of both worlds, oil + conditioner. TIA. :grin:

I don't but I'm thinking of trying it out when I get out of these braids. Lot's of ladies have had some great results.
I think my first experiment will be evoo in sauve coconut con.

Yes, I do and I love it. I do notice the difference in my hair when I don't put oil in it. I just recently purchased some Coconut Oil from the Vitamin shoppe, so I will be using this along with my conditioner and as a pre-poo soon!

I just did this for the first time on Sunday and loved it. I added Amla and honey to QP Intense--result: Shinier, swangier, softer hair.:grin:

I tried it once but I did not see a difference...maybe I did not use enough or maybe I did not leave it on long enough or maybe I did not use the right kind of oil...who knows. I might try it again. What kind of oil are you ladies using and how long do you keep the mixture on your hair?

When I was natural I learned my hair loves oil. I add small amounts of mixtures or solely olive, avocado, coconut, wheat germ, sesame, peanut, castor to condiioners, to give them a boost. My hair loves it. Next I am buying apricot kernel oil, because it is said to add slip to products.

ETA: I prefer to use penetrating oils in my dcs.

Last edited:
Yes. I add some EVOO, Jojoba oil, and Castor oil to my V05 conditioner. And I add castor oil to my Elucence Conditioner.

I also add oils to my deep conditioners. My hair loves oil! :grin:

I voted other... I like to add EVOO to cheapie conditioners (like V05)and use as a final 'rinse' conditioner, after I DC. doing this really detangles my hair esp.now that I'm stretching :yep:

I will try adding oil to my DC sounds interesting!!!!

I like to apply my DC treatments on dry hair as pre-poos... I usually mix Aubrey Organics GPB with Honeysuckle rose (equal parts), apply it to my hair in sections then apply Vatika Oil on top of that and let it sit on my hair for anywhere from 20 min-1 hour before washing. Talk about nourished hair!!! :love:...absolute heaven no matter how many weeks post I may be.

Yes I use ApHOGEE Essential Fatty Acids Oil Concentrate and coconut oil in my relaxer

I use EFA in my relaxers too, but I haven't added oil to my conditioner in a long long time. I like the result I get from oil rinses better.

Last edited:
I add a little WGHO, Kemi Oyl, coconut oil, DooGro Stimulating Hair oil, and Amla oil to my DCs.

I used to but I haven't done it in a while. I will be starting back with this weeks' DC tho. :yep: I used EVOO, Africas Best Ultimate Herbal Oil or Aphogee EFA.

I do this during my DC once a week and my hair :love: it! I add a couple tablespoons of EVOO and castor oil to warm conditioner and it's heaven!!:yep:

Last edited:
I add about 3 tbs of jojoba oil to my Creme of Nature detangling conditioner...my hair loves it:grin: It also works well with thier moisturizing shampoo:yep:

Yes, I add olive oil to Motions Moisture Plus and Aubrey Organics GPB and Honeysuckle Rose conditioners.

I add oil when I pre poo , and with my deep conditioner

i use either wonder 8 oil, olive oil, or soy oil

I use vitamin e oil when I use my caruso rollers

I have not tried adding oil to conditioner -i will be trying on wash day! I'm currently wearing kinky twists and did a oil rinse with amla and olive oil ,my hair feels moisturized for days and i feel like it spreads some oil to my ends.

My hair really loves when I add JBCO to my ORS Hair Mayo and
AlFAPARF Essential Shine Oil (blue vial) to Silicon Mix I get excellent results.

My hair really loves when I add JBCO to my ORS Hair Mayo and
AlFAPARF Essential Shine Oil (blue vial) to Silicon Mix I get excellent results.

Oooh, that's sounds heavenly. I have both those products and love them dearly, that sounds like a match made in heaven. :2inlove:

I add castor oil to all conditioners...

My new growth lays down very well.

Last edited:
I add castor oil to both my shampoo and conditioners. I also put castor oil on my hair 20 minutes before I plan to wash and it does wonders for my hair its so easy to manage and my hair looks extra shiny and healthy when I put it up in a bun. People always asked "oh you finally put a perm n that, I say nope I am still all natural. Really thats the only time my hair lays down so well.

Back