Do y'all think I'm being gypped???!!!!???

taylokc

As y'all already know, I've been trying to get a new stand up dryer and I bought one from beautymotion.com. I got the Babyliss, but the wattage wasn't high enough (1600) and it never dried my hair so I sent it back last Monday and it got to them in Norcross, GA in a day. I was thinking that I should have my new dryer (Hot Tools 1875 watts stand up) by Friday being that it only takes it a day to get to Auburn from Norcross. But the dryer didn't get here:nono::nono:. Im more than a week post from my relaxer and I still don't have a dryer!!! I called them and they said that I needed to pay the re-shipping costs of $17 by 3pm today in order to have it by tomorrow. They emailed me the form and I paid it, but if I don't get my dryer my tomorrow Im going off!!!! :arguing::arguing: DO y'all think Im being played??? I mean, why didn't they tell me that I needed to the re-shipping fee when I emailed them about doing and exchange for the Hot Tools dryer??? What's up with that????!!!!??? Is this normal procedure for an online exchange???

Last edited:
Update: They've just sent an email saying that the order was completed and a tracking number. Is this is a good sign????

I don't think they're screwing with you, some companies just SUCK at communitcating with customers. I remember I ordered some vitamins from this one shop, forgot the name, something with ''vitamin''. Anywho, after a week and a half, still no shipping confirmation. So I called and they were like ''Oh, one of your items is on backorder. It won't be here for another week and after we get it, we'll ship it out to you''

I was like ''Uuuuh, why the hell wasn't I told? WTF???'' :swearing: I ended up getting the vitamins when they said I would, but dang, is it so hard to send an email? I AM a paying customer! Argh!

*sorry for kinda hijacking, had to vent! :lol: *

Yeah. Thanks for responding. You're probably right. They just suck at communicating with their customers. Hopefully it will be here by tomorrow cuz my head itches like:pullhair:

I just checked my email and Fedex has sent a tracking notification saying that it has been picked up from Norcross, GA. Maybe it is really coming!!!! When it gets here, Im gonna do a First Time Review on my new dryer.

I just checked my email and Fedex has sent a tracking notification saying that it has been picked up from Norcross, GA. Maybe it is really coming!!!! When it gets here, Im gonna do a First Time Review on my new dryer.

Are you using a reputable online retailer? I ordered my Hot Tools from Amazon, and had a smooth transaction.

Actually, when I was about to order the Babyliss dryer from Amazon, I saw this website at the bottom of Amazon's site, so I clicked on it. I saw that they had the Babyliss for about $50 less, so that's why I decided to get the dryer from beautymotion.com. It seems that everything is working out smoothly, though. We'll see

My dryer came today!!! Im actually under it right now. Its really loud but I've been under here for about 35 minutes and Im almost dry. I hope to be dry withing 20-25 minutes. I also used that Redken Anti-Snap that I started a post about and after my hair gets dry I will do a full assessment of my hair and tell you how it reacted to the redken. See ya soon...:grin:

Is its a huge bonnet? I have the golden hot 1875 ionic bonnet but not the stand up and my head with the grey or purple rollers cannot fit under the dryer. I can't wait for you update.:grin:

Re: Do y'all think I'm being gypped???!!!!??? and First Time Reviews added!!

Okay ladies...here's my first Time Review. I really really liked my dryer. It took me about 1 hour and 5 mintues to dry, which is about the same time it took with my old (gold n hot table top dryer). The only thing I wasn't used to was how my hair felt when it dryed. It dried really really soft. With my old dryer my curls were always kind of firm and crunchy, not hard though. The curls were just a little more defined. If someone knows why this happened let me know. As for the bonnet size, I have SL hair and I use red rollers around the edge and the large purple ones everywhere else and I still had room under the bonnet. Furthermore, the dryer is loud. My friends were trying to talk to me and I couldn't hear a thing!!! This doesn't make me dislike my drier though. Overall, I love my dryer. It will just take me a couple of uses to get used to it and I might have to switch up my setting lotion concoction for a firmer curl.

Back