*Do What Works For You*

shellzfoshizzle

Hi guys. I've been reading the posts on LHCF but have been ghost for a while because I moved and haven't had internet access. My hair is breaking off IMMENSELY on my right side an the back. I don't know what to do or the cause. The only thing I can think of is stress. On the sides...bad. And the back of my hair ...is another story.

I usually wash/rollerset my hair every 2-4 days. I don't know why, I just do. One thing I have noticed is because I haven't washed my hair in about a WEEK (that's a long time for me) my hair feels and looks like it's in good condition (let's hope it is). I don't use grease (because it gets too greasy and weighs my hair down and makes my hair stink) but last night I lightly greased my scalp with DOO GRO Original Formula Light grease (in the orange label) and put a few magnetic rollers in my hair and my hair looks great today. It shakes! It moves! It shines! I think I am going to stop washing my hair so often because my hair is DRY year round and I think it's shedding/breaking/snapping so easily due to lack of moisture. That's the only reason I have come up with. I am going to start greasing my scalp about twice a week and wash once every two weeks. I like how my hair is now. I just hope that with this routine it makes my hair grow. :-D

Sounds good, shell. I am another person who cannot wash frequently. I tried frequent conditioner washes and it made my hair soooooo dry!!!

As for your breakage, try deep conitioning every time you wash, protein treatments and maybe laying off the rollersets for a while. :)

Back