Do u have length w/ short hair mixed in?

ayoung

I am slowly gainig length--but i have noticed shorter hairs (more than usual) all throughout the front of my hair just sticking up etc...

i am thinking its breakage.....i've tossed this around in my head but still don't know what to do. is this something that is common?

what r ur ideas---should i up the protein or the moisture? (i've just been wearing it in a ponytail for the past 3 weeks and down for the weekends)

i did an Emergency treatment 2-3 weeks ago and have been DCing w/ moisture every 5 days.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have short hairs in some places. They could be new hairs growing in the place of shed hairs. If it's breakage, you should see little pieces falling out when you comb and wash. Try a protein treatment.

Is your hair relaxed or natural? Check to see if wether the strands are new growth kinky, or if they are straight. If they are straight strands then there is a really good chance that it's broken hair. Be careful the way you comb and style your hair because this could be putting stress on those strands and causing them to fall out or break off. Wearing a style one way for a really long time had really done a tole on my hair. The front of my hair is verry fragile and it began to break. After I started styling it differently to avoid stress in the front it began to grow and get stronger.

the hairs are straight---but i just got a relaxer 3 weeks ago after a 16 weeks stretch--so i don't know if it is newgrowth--all my hair is straight.

thanks for the advice ladies---guess i'll up the protein/moisture

Well the thing is you need to find a balance between the two. If you are overmoisturizing your hair it will need protein and will be mushy. Which can lead to breakage. You need to figure out what the problem is first. And then find a balance or it won't stop. If you are dcing every 5 days and your hair doesn't feel dry then you're probably okay on the moisture end and more than likely you need to increase the protein to stop the breakage.

^^^ok--gottach. i get so scared when it comes to protein--but i think my fine hair needs it. thnx bmore

ayoung1981 said:
I am slowly gainig length--but i have noticed shorter hairs (more than usual) all throughout the front of my hair just sticking up etc...

i am thinking its breakage.....i've tossed this around in my head but still don't know what to do. is this something that is common?

what r ur ideas---should i up the protein or the moisture? (i've just been wearing it in a ponytail for the past 3 weeks and down for the weekends)

i did an Emergency treatment 2-3 weeks ago and have been DCing w/ moisture every 5 days.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Yep. Lot's of different lengths; I have damage growing out and a patch growing back from a bout with alopecia areata last year.
You might wanna test how tight your pony is, that will snap of those front hairs in a heartbeat.
ETA: also, the way you wash and what you use on your face can affect the hairline. If you are using a drying product on your face, and it gets on your hairline- even a little tiny bit, it can dry the hairs to the point of snapping off.

Last edited:
mermaid, u r right---i've noticed that the ponytail is keeping my front from growing and i always have splits where the hair meets the ponytail.

i'm working on finding another 'up' style with less tension

thanks!

Back