Do most naturals have curly or wavy hair when wet?

Brownie

Okay, this might sound like a crazy question, but I was just wondering if most naturals have curly or wavy hair after you wash your hair---before combing. I just assumed that all natural hair had some kind of curl or wave.

Thanks in advance everyone!

When mine was natural it was curly. The amount of curl or wave depends on one's hair type. Some people with natural hair may have straight hair when it's wet, but once dry it is wavy or curly.

Some people have waves, some have curls, others have a z pattern with no curl.

Everyones hair is a little different when wet. Some places on top of my head do not curl...even when saturated in water or conditioner.

Everybody is different.

I don't know about most naturals but for me, when my hair is wet, it doesn't get straight but the curls are looser and more defined, I have more ringlets, and it hangs down. At this point, the only time I can put my hair in a ponytail is when it is wet. When it is dry, I can no longer put it in a ponytail nor does it hang down as much because of the shrinkage.

-Ebony

Well I have natural hair and when it's wet it is curly until I comb it out and then it is a combination of wavy and straight.

My hair is in braids and is usually in braids when wet.
tongue.gif
But Ebony's description sounds very much like how I remember my hair behaving when it wasn't in braids. It hasn't been that long ago really, but y'all know the mind's usually the first to go.
dork.gif

my hair is more wavy when wet. when i put it in a ponytail it's completely straight in the front.

My hair has both curly and wavy parts.

It's true everyone's hair is soo differnt that it's hard to tell or know what to expect from your hair based on that of others.

Re: Do most naturals have curly or wavy hair when

I think it kinda depends upon what I do - it comes out differently when doing a conditioner wash vs. just wetting it. But - for the most part, mine comes out wavy - no curls ...

when my hair was natural the back and front were straight with a curl right at the bottom and the middle was curly

Poster: Mufasa
[ QUOTE ]
I think it kinda depends upon what I do - it comes out differently when doing a conditioner wash vs. just wetting it. But - for the most part, mine comes out wavy - no curls ...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about how mine is also.

to be honest when my hair is wet, my hair is wavy curly and straight. I guess it's from the multi textures that can be found on one head

My brother's hair is wavy when wet. This is most likely genetic, as my father has naturally wavy hair. But my would be classifed as a "4a".

northernbelle

when wet my hair is kinky z pattern all over except for in the back where it is kinda curly

Sounds like my hair. In fact I would say my hair is like a bushy thick wet afro.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about most naturals but for me, when my hair is wet, it doesn't get straight but the curls are looser and more defined, I have more ringlets, and it hangs down. At this point, the only time I can put my hair in a ponytail is when it is wet. When it is dry, I can no longer put it in a ponytail nor does it hang down as much because of the shrinkage.

-Ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much how I'd describe my hair when it is natural. It's is mostly 4a with 4b around the edges. I'd describe my natural hair as coily/nappy/kinky.

My hair gets wavy at the roots and very defined curls on the ends

[ QUOTE ]
no curls or waves in my hair. Just kinky frizz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!
smile.gif

Back