Do Moisture And Bounce Have A Strong Relationship?

vtoodler

Do you think that hair must be adequately moisturized in order for it to be bouncy?

Do you find that your hair has more movement and bounce after deep conditioning, steaming, co-washing, or doing any other moisture treatment on it?

In your opinion, how strong is the relationship between bounce and moisture?

When my hair has been adequately moisturized I don't need to add any other products to it, so then I can have a nice, bouncy flat-iron job.

For me, it's very strong. The dryer my hair gets, the stiffer it gets...super dry = no movement at all. Moist, juicy curls just bounce all over the place! That's also how I can tell how good a curl product is...the juicy bounce factor.

The relationship is super strong for me. I co wash frequently and when I get lazy the ends of my hair are stiff. As soon as I DC my hair is swanging...even when I airdry.

Technically, if you look at the chemistry of it when the protein molecules in the hair have more water surrounding them, the helix opens up more and becomes more flexible. That is true of all proteins. So yes hydrated hair has more bounce.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back