Do gray hairs have a different texture?

zzirvingj

I was reading a review online about the Qhemet Heavy Cream and it started out saying this:

"My hair is 2b/M/C/ii and its dry and frizzy from flat iron and becoming coarse from gray hairs growing in."

So my question is....do gray hairs have a different texture? Just wondering if, as I get older and have more grays, will there also be a change in the way my hair looks, feels and acts....?

I got my first gray hair when I was 9. When I was in my 20's they became wiry, weird and very resistant to straightening but not as curly as the rest either. :confused:

After I joined LHCF and started taking care of my hair that problem disappeared right along with all my others. Now the only differences between them and the rest is the color (they're a deep copper red from all the henna) and they seem thicker than the rest of my strands. They're actually very pretty and make it look like my hair is highlighted with deep golden copper. :love3: I never thought I'd love my gray!

Last edited:
I don't know about others, but mine do their own thing. I have been hiding my hair in cornrows under a wig. In the front, I notice that the gray hair comes completely out of the braids, even if the braids are still neat. I have one thick strand of gray in the front that will not stay with the rest of the dark hair (maybe it's racist?) I was wearing twists before the HYH challenge and it would twist around maybe twice, then unravel and stick straight out the side of the twist. I finally had to cut it so it looked neat.

As others have stated, my gray hairs are thick, wiry and course. And they have a mind of their own. They curl their own way and NEVER stay in braids, they lay right out front on my forehead like they are screaming to be seen.

I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM TOO.

My grays are also wiry, thick and coarse but they don't bother me at all. I have a lot of gray hairs and I refuse to color so they are here to stay....lol. They are popping up all over the place recently and it took me aback a little to see them but I'm okay about it. This is life....:grin:. I mean I am almost 38 so what should I expect??....lol.

I don't know about others, but mine do their own thing. I have been hiding my hair in cornrows under a wig. In the front, I notice that the gray hair comes completely out of the braids, even if the braids are still neat. I have one thick strand of gray in the front that will not stay with the rest of the dark hair (maybe it's racist?
) I was wearing twists before the HYH challenge and it would twist around maybe twice, then unravel and stick straight out the side of the twist. I finally had to cut it so it looked neat.
that is cute racist gray hair:lachen::lachen::lachen:thats funny:lachen::lachen:

just like everyone else has said.. mine are also wiry, thicker and coarse. But they lay down good with my other hair...moisturizers and deep conditioners I guess are responsible for that:yep:!

Yes, they are different from the rest of my nautral hair. It is not as coily. Like others have said -it's wiry like -hard to describe it though.

My grey is wiry, thick and course. But I'm praying about that.

Mine are too :yep:
I'm predicting a full head of Don King hair in 20 years :perplexed
It is very rough to the touch, and pretty stiff.
Not all the greys are like this though, but most of them are (in my case).

My gray strands are not coily, they are curly or wavy, softer and lighter. They are different from the rest of my natural hair. They never stay in place with the other strands. I am learning to like them and I use henna/indigo sometimes.

My grays are just as fine and cat-hair like as the rest of my hair. I was thinking that when I went gray I would finally have some weight to my hair, but I see that won't be happening.

I hate my two gray hairs. They are wirey and wavy. They are like 2b when the rest of my hair is 4A/B. It always looks like a piece of string got stuck in my puff.

Back