Do any of you use conditioners as a daily moisturizer? If so, which ones?

HoneyDew

I LOVE the discontinued Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Leave-In on my dry hair as a moisturizer. It is creamy but not watery, so it agrees with my flat-ironed hair. It really moisturizes and softens my hair well. Now that they are discontinued :mad: , I need to find something else.

I love Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter Balm, but it is too heavy to use daily.

Do any of you use conditioners or leave-in conditioners as your daily moisturizer?

Suave Milk N Honey, does nothing while deep conditioning but is a saint while in protective styles. Never tried it on my flat ironed hair though.

Hareitiz said:
Sometimes I will use Giovanni Direct-Leave in Conditioner as a moisturizer.

I have some of this. I wonder if it would be a bit too watery, unless I am wearing my hair up.

If I was wearing my hair out in a Rollerset I would apply a nickel size amount, followed by a little jojoba oil and pincurl. In the morning I still had light bouncy hair.
HoneyDew said:
I have some samples of this one. I might give that a try.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
If I was wearing my hair out in a Rollerset I would apply a nickel size amount, followed by a little jojoba oil and pincurl. In the morning I still had light bouncy hair.

I think I will try this out. I have so many Humectress samples, too. I never really liked it has a conditioner.

I do. I use BWC leave-in conditioner right now. I don't use a flat iron, though, so I can't speak to how it would work on flat-ironed hair.

I use NTM conditioner not the silk leave in but the conditioner. too lazy to go into the bathroom to get correct name:)

Dove intense moisture conditioner, Herbal essence hello hydration, Herbal essence none of your frizziness, Suave naturals (any one), ........well pretty much any inexpensive conditioner that is creamy and smells good. Works just fine on my naturals hair. My strands arent picky at all.

You can use Elucence conditioner as a leave in, but I haven't tried that yet. I'm too much in :love: with my Giovanni Direct! But after I use up my bottle of S-Curl, I may try the Elucence (mixed w/some other ingredients) as a daily moisturizer).

I love Elucence as a leave in daily moisturizer. My daily moisturizer consists of distilled water, elucence & MNT conditioners (to achieve protein/moisture balance), and whatever oils I have laying around (mostly jojoba, sweet almond and black castor oil).

Rasta Mango and Lime leave in moisturizer (loved it)
Allways moisturizer (OK)
911 liquid (OK)
Elucence (awesome)
Suave naturals coconut (diluted- -spritz) (good)

I really really like to use Aveda Elixir (it's a leave in conditioner).

I will mix it with an equal part of water, and some jojoba oil and put it in my spray bottle as my daily moisturizer.

Why, yes! I use my Suave conditioners as moisturizers. My hair always smells yummy this way. Suave needs to make a chocolate conditoner to accompany their chocolate scented body wash.

anky said:
Why, yes! I use my Suave conditioners as moisturizers. My hair always smells yummy this way. Suave needs to make a chocolate conditoner to accompany their chocolate scented body wash.

Yum! :) :)

anky said:

Anky which ones are your favorite and what do you prefer to seal them with?

LocksOfLuV, I like using the Suave Natural's brand... pretty much any Suave brand that does not have silicones in them. They all smell yummy :lick:

diamoness said:
Dove intense moisture conditioner, Herbal essence hello hydration, Herbal essence none of your frizziness, Suave naturals (any one), ........well pretty much any inexpensive conditioner that is creamy and smells good. Works just fine on my naturals hair. My strands arent picky at all.

This one looks good too. I have a HUGE bottle of that and I started to dislike it as a normal conditioner. It smells so good, I have not had the heart to toss it out. No mineral oil, either!

In the past, I have had not problem wtih mineral oil, but the Loreal Vive leave in has no mineral oil so I thought maybe that is why is was so good for my hair. I need to check the cone content, though.

anky said:
LocksOfLuV, I like using the Suave Natural's brand... pretty much any Suave brand that does not have silicones in them. They all smell yummy :lick:

Have you ever tried V05 conditioners? I am loving Suave milk N honey on my hair and I am thinking about venturing into V05.

Ok yall, I just had to email Loreal.... :( They confirmed that my moisturizer has been discontinued. At first I got an email that the item is still available, but I wrote them back saying that I can't find it anywhere and this was their response. Why do they always discontinue the good stuff?!?!

November 7, 2006

We apologize for the confusion, but Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Cream is no longer available, and we have no way of obtaining it for you to purchase. We suggest that you try Studio Line Anti Frizz Cream, which is available at stores that carry L'Oréal Paris products.

We understand the frustration you must feel concerning the disappearance of a product that you had been using faithfully. It is never easy for us to make the decision to discontinue any of our products or shades. We truly regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Barbara Such
Consumer Affairs Supervisor
Ref # 3816478

Lately I've been using Nexxus Headdress leave-in conditioner as a daily moisturizer. It really detangles my hair. But sometimes I add a little bit of daily moisturizer over it.

dlewis said:
Have you tried coconut oil?:)

Yes, I use that sometimes, but it does nto seem to give me the moisture and softness that the Loreal has given me. I thought maybe a creamy one like it could replace it. I can use the Loreal daily and it never gives me build up or oily hair - just pure moisture and softness. I am going to miss it.

HoneyDew said:
Yes, I use that sometimes, but it does nto seem to give me the moisture and softness that the Loreal has given me. I thought maybe a creamy one like it could replace it. I can use the Loreal daily and it never gives me build up or oily hair - just pure moisture and softness. I am going to miss it.

What were the ingredients? Maybe I can help you find soemthing close (ingredient wise0? I memorize just about every ingredient from the drugstore...:wasntme:

LocksOfLuV said:
What were the ingredients? Maybe I can help you find soemthing close (ingredient wise0? I memorize just about every ingredient from the drugstore...:wasntme:

:lol:

I think that is what I might do. There's something in that product that really gets moisture to my hair w/o greasiness. I think there was a thread once on what ingredients besides water are humectants. My moisturizers based with oils, cones, or mineral oil are not giving me the same effect.

Back