Do any of you Mega-Tek ladies experience white flakes?

~Hair~Fetish~

I'm not talking dandruff, but maybe it's product buildup on the new growth? It's weird that I've been using Mega-Tek for 4 months now, and only recently started experiencing this. I normally add a little bit of emu oil and a little bit of either avocado oil or EVOO... but I would say that my mixture is still 90% Mega-Tek. (getting good growth though) :yep:

I hope this stuff isnt creating scalp issues

or at least it would stop after use

wonder what the white flake stuff is from or what it is?

I hope this stuff isnt creating scalp issues

or at least it would stop after use

wonder what the white flake stuff is from or what it is?

I think the white flakes are dried product; it's easy to wash out, but I have to clarify with each wash, which is every 2 weeks for me.

I don't use mega tek, but when I used to use suave conditioner as a leave in ( I was REAL broke for a while a few years ago:lachen:) it would flake on me.

So I just think some conditioners - usually lighter ones that don't have too many oils/cones - flake after repeated use without rinsing it out.

They just dry up and instead of a greasy build up like you would get with mineral oil/petroleum, it leaves a powdery build up. I hope that makes sense.

The powdery build up didn't affect the health of my hair or make it dry. Just sorta mimicked the look of dandruff.

This is why i stopped using it. My hair is jet black so it made it even more noticeable.

I tried diluting it with my pomades, oil, etc and it STILL left those flakes in my hair.

I'm trying to use up the rest of the bottle by using it as a protein conditioner treatment.

i dont have this problem, i dont leave MT in my scalp, i wash it out, and i only use it once a week. it still works though:grin:

Back