do all women in their 40s and up

So people say "SO" out loud? I thought it was just internet acronym. I said my boyfriend when we were dating. But I'm not in my 40's.

What about when I'm talking about him to someone who has never met him? Saying "my fiance" to a co-worker while talking about my weekend sounds so pretentious and obnoxious. And it's weird just saying his name since she has never met or heard of him prior.

I guess "boyfriend" sounds like something you have in your teens and 20s. Im 31 and I feel like I am too old for a boyfriend :blush:

yeah, boyfriend sounds very young to me too. I usually just say his name in an introduction setting.

My mom used to say "my old man" which I hated cause she was too young to be sounding like some D-list blaxploitation film.

Wow, I never really thought about it. My ex was calling me his wife and I hated it. I'd tell him we are not married or engaged and whenever you say that, you make people look at my hand. I was on my way out of that relationship anyway (a whole other thread)... I just called him my boyfriend.

In my next relationship, before becoming a fiance and marrying I called him "the love of my life" yes I said all that when introducing him :lol:

BTW people need titles. My friend and I ran into her ex and his new fiancé...he only introduced her to us by her name. We heard after that all hell broke loose between them. She was really hurt by that. Your SO is always watching to see how you will introduce them. "My friend" or "Tina" will simply not do.

I'm not 40 but I only use first names.

Family and friends will already know who he is before he is introduced in person.

If I am introducing him to someone who didn't know about him beforehand, that person should be able to tell from our interaction as to our relationship. Titles mean nothing if you don't play your position IMO. People should see me as THE lady in his life by how he touches me, looks at me, calls me to get my attention, gets things for me, etc. If folks looking at us think that we are just friends or he is my brother...... "Houston, we have a problem." :perplexed

Back