DIY braiders....wet, damp or dry

Do you braid your hair wet, damp or dry?

• Wet

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Damp

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Dry

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Don't matter

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

LongHairDreams

Do you guys braid your hair wet, damp, or dry? If you've tried all 3 ways, which is easiest? This includea twists.

Last edited:
I do it while damp with lil conditioner on it so the braiding hair won't suck out too much moisturer from my hair before I get a chance to wash it. Not to mention, it's just easier for me.

I do it all 3 ways depending on what I'm going for:

DRY - for length
DAMP - combo of length and definition
WET - definition and/or the coiled, shrunken look

I do all 3 ways. Usually if I do dry braids they will last longer for me than the damp or wet braids

I find it doesn't matter. I wet to set my braids when i'm done anyways otherwise they just stick up all over the place.

I do it all 3 ways depending on what I'm going for:

DRY - for length
DAMP - combo of length and definition
WET - definition and/or the coiled, shrunken look

this is almost the same for me. mine don't shrink when wet though, but i will roll the ends when i braid wet.

sometimes i will braid dry, then wet. i do this more so for next day braid outs.

Sometimes I do it on dry but I perfer braiding with damp hair. I damp'n my hair with my diluted leave in conditioner and some oil then apply the kanekalon or human hair braid.

I VOTED DAMP...BUT....98% of the time my hair is "air drying" while I'm braiding. BUT what I do is have a cup of Water diluted with conditioner and some type of Oil. I constantly dip my fingers into this mixture while I'm doing the individual braids.

I alway braid or twist on dry. If I do braid on damp, it's only because I just finished washing my hair and a braid or two have gotten a little messy and I need to fix them ASAP.

When wearing twists, I'll twist on dry and immediately dunk my head in an ACV solution because I like how my twists look after a wash. I don't like to twist on damp hair coz the twists end up doing their own weird wave dance. I like them to hang down straight hence the reason I twist on dry then dunk them. The water makes them shrink and get body and also hang down straight.

I do not use any products when braiding or twisting.

I like the way my hair comes out when I braid it wet, the wave pattern stays longer and I have to do it while it's wet or else poofiness sets in. I've tried it dry, and the results were blah! Damp was so so.

If I'm doing a braid out, I'll do so on wet hair

For length, I'll braid on dry hair

Antyhing else, I do on damp hair:yawn:

Back