Diva Smooth Ingredient List: Listed Inside

chiprecious

Diva Smooth (Smooth Hair No Relaxer) Ingredient List: Listed Inside

That other thread got OOC and too long so here is the ingredient list they posted overnight. Not sure how it can do what it claims, but who knows the wonderful possibilities when you properly combine natural products.

http://www.janellebeauty.com/shop/shopcontent.asp?type=ingredient_listing

List of all ingredients in the Hair Care Line (in alphabetical order)

Aloe Vera - Organic - Used medicinally for over 3,000 years. A rich emollient known to promote healing

Grapeseed Oil- Organic - Grapeseed oil is rich in flavonoids, phytochemicals that have antioxidant properties some consider even greater than vitamin C and vitamin E.

Glycerin Extract - Glycerin is a humectant, drawing moisture to hair, allowing it to remain hydrated and soft.

Honey - Adds shine and moisture to hair and helps prevent breakage.

Olive oil - Organic - Obtained from ripe olives grown around the Mediterranean. Contains protein, minerals and vitamins.

Palm Oil - Organic - Palm oil gives hair its natural strength and radiance.

Jojoba Oil - Organic - The molecular structure of jojoba is very similar to the natural oil that is produced by the sebaceous glands in the scalp known as sebum. It is a well-known fact that sebum is required in maintaining healthy supple hair. Hair that has a good moisture basis tends to be more resistant to daily damage, tangles, dryness and split ends.

Lemon Juice - Antibacterial, astringent, promotes new cell generation, regulates sebum production.

Lemon Extract - Antibacterial, astringent, promotes new cell generation, regulates sebum production.

Molases - Helps restore damaged hair.

Propreitary blend of essential oils - trade secret blend of essential oils.

Peppermint Essential Oil Blend - Great for stimulating the scalp.

Rose Petals extract - promotes regeneration of skin cells. Pure, fresh scent (no synthetic fragrances)

Rosemary Extract - A very effective natural preservative that is high in antioxidants

Shea Butter - Used in Africa for centuries, this nutrient rich butter is high in fatty acids. It contains unique properties that aid in the relief of dry scalp and in restoring luster to hair.

Sucrose - Sugar extracted from sugar cane and sugar beets.

Tea Tree Essential Oil - Grown in the islands of the south Pacific and Australia, Tea Tee Oil helps unblock clogged hair follicles and moisturize the hair.

Vegetable Gum

Virgin Coconut Oil - Organic - Reduces the protein loss for both undamaged and damaged hair. Coconut oil, being a triglyceride of lauric acid (principal fatty acid), has a high affinity for hair proteins and, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain, is able to penetrate inside the hair shaft.

Vitamin E improves circulation to the scalp. It improves health and growth of hair.

Vinegar - Lauded as a beauty powerhouse. It is derived from apple cider and has traditionally been used to make hair silky and lustrous.

Zea Mays Starch - aka Cornstarch - helps lift dirt, excessive oil and grease from hair. Helps maintain oil balance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the list. I will wait for the ingredient experts to break it down and tell us how the ingredients work.

The ingredients look good by the way.

They sure do. what's the catch??:detective:

Yep, for one that does not look like the full ingredient list of a hair product.

That looks like a list of "key ingredients"

They say it's for the whole line too... it is not a regular ingredients list. That's not ALL that's in their products. That's the "good stuff" that is in them.

You could mix all that stuff up, then throw some sodium hydroxide in it and that'll make it not good for your hair :spinning:

Bottom line... we still don't know what is in the product.

Intersting.

Many companies ( clariol, etc) market their products this way...

ETA: this is not an ingredient listing, as required by the FDA/ cosmetic standards. It is most likely on the bottle.

Last edited:
Sigh, I was looking for an ingredient list for the Diva Smooth period. Not a list of all hair line ingredients.... BIG difference.

I'm disappointed lol:ohwell:

Yep, for one that does not look like the full ingredient list of a hair product.

They say it's for the whole line too... it is not a regular ingredients list. That's not ALL that's in their products. That's the "good stuff" that is in them.

You could mix all that stuff up, then throw some sodium hydroxide in it and that'll make it not good for your hair :spinning:

:yep: right.:rolleyes:

Well some of our members have purchased the product. We'll just have to wait and see what they have to say about the results.....and the actual ingredient list.

Based on the bit that I know, everything that's in divasmooth is likely in the above list. I'm pretty sure I can pick out the operative ingredients especially the one (or two) doing the heavy work. I'm gonna let the trusted in-house chemists explain.

Honestly, the only reason I was interested was to make sure I wasn't beaten to the punch on my own new development. I wasn't going to spend a dime toward something already patented.

I'm safe! :grin:

p1

Off Topic -(Your bolded statement) Sammy u are too funny - u know these young cats don't know about that!!! LOL - But that was the jam!!

In light of everything - what do YOU think about this product.

I was surprised to find out that Michael Jackson albums were very popular with tweens at one point. They might know...

Based on the bit that I know, everything that's in divasmooth is likely in the above list. I'm pretty sure I can pick out the operative ingredients especially the one (or two) doing the heavy work. I'm gonna let the trusted in-house chemists explain.

Honestly, the only reason I was interested was to make sure I wasn't beaten to the punch on my own new development. I wasn't going to spend a dime toward something already patented.

p1

Hey!!! You can't say that and not spill the beans!!! Out with it woman!:drunk:

p1

Good for you! :)

I didn't say that those ingredients aren't in the product, I'm saying that most likely that isn't all that's in them. I don't see anything that is capable of doing "heavy work" but hey... I'm not a real chemist (just a hair chemist)

If it's true then I will go out and just buy some cornstarch, sugar and vegetable gum (which is only a thickener, right?) and use it to get my hair silky straight :lol:

I'm waiting for the too then, I wanna know what they have to say :yep:

gymfreak? Where are you?

Last edited:
Off Topic -(Your bolded statement) Sammy u are too funny - u know these young cats don't know about that!!! LOL - But that was the jam!!

In light of everything - what do YOU think about this product.

Heee - heeee - I am old....:yep:

What do I think of the product????

I don't know..... without ingredient listings, I don't buy JACK....

I have no opinion of the product...

What I have seen in terms of videos, looks like all the women are relaxed and COPIOUS amounts of heat are used....... Um - that is what killed my hair when I was relaxed.

I am looking for a Natural to Relaxed look. WITHOUT DEATH TO my HAIR!

I can do that now with caramel, coconut & lime, and steam. I don't need that product.

So - I don't know. I always seem to get blasted for having an opinion...So I am really being very careful here.

Last edited:

p1

Do yo' thang girl!!!!! :woot::yep:

Heee - heeee - I am old....:yep:

What do I think of the product????

I don't know..... without ingredient listings, I don't buy JACK....

I have no opinion of the product...

What I have seen in terms of videos, looks like all the women are relaxed and COPIOUS amounts of heat are used....... Um - that is what killed my hair when I was relaxed.

I am looking for a Natural to Relaxed look.

I can do that now with caramel, coconut & lime, and steam. I don't need that product.

So - I don't know. I always seem to get blasted for having an opinion...So I am really being very careful here.

You gets no blasts from me, I'm in your camp on this one! :yep:

Hey!!! You can't say that and not spill the beans!!! Out with it woman!:drunk:

Paging Gymfreak!!!

I see 2-3 ingredients with acidic properties in the list. And of course, there's the honey she mentioned. I see some possible binders. I see all that would be needed to make what she has described based on her posts in the other thread: a natural means of softening your new growth between relaxers OR slightly, ever so slightly relaxing the curl/kink of some textures...with the results being greater over extended use. As she has shared, this is not meant to be a chemical straightener. Your hair will not have the wet hair straight hang that comes with relaxed hair. I see ingredients that would be needed to make a product that would make blowdrying and flatironing easier and more "polished" looking after the product has sat on the hair for 45 minutes.

That said, this is all conjecture. I have no interest in trying to duplicate it and one would need her "recipe". I just think her claims (via the other post) sound reasonable and achievable with some of the ingredients above. I don't see a need for anything additional if one's not trying to duplicate a relaxer but instead offering an alternative.

p1

Last edited by a moderator:
Paging Gymfreak!!!

I see 2-3 ingredients with acidic properties in the list. And of course, there's the honey she mentioned. I see some possible binders. I see all that would be needed to make what she has described based on her posts in the other thread: a natural means of softening your new growth between relaxers OR slightly, ever so slightly relaxing the curl/kink of some textures...with the results being greater over extended use. As she has shared, this is not meant to be a chemical straightener. Your hair will not have the wet hair straight hang that comes with relaxed hair. I see ingredients that would be needed to make a product that would make blowdrying and flatironing easier and more "polished" looking after the product has sat on the hair for 45 minutes.

That said, this is all conjecture. I have no interest in trying to duplicate it and one would need her "recipe". I just think her claims (via the other post) sound reasonable and achievable with some of the ingredients above. I don't see a need for anything additional if one's not trying to duplicate a relaxer but instead offering an alternative.

p1

Ok thanks for explaining.:grin:

I got the package today and here are the ingredients straight off the bottle of Diva smooth.
organic raw wild honey, organic olive oil, sugar, zea mays starch(corn starch), lemon extract, vinegar, vitamin e an essential oils

Nope no battery acid:lachen:all that hype you guys :lachen::lachen:

Virgin Coconut Hair Serum

organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, virgin palm oil, grapeseed oil, rose petal, blend of essential oils

I got the package today and here are the ingredients straight off the bottle of Diva smooth.
organic raw wild honey, organic olive oil, sugar, zea mays starch(corn starch), lemon extract, vinegar, vitamin e an essential oils

FINALLY.... :pray:

Yea...CARMEL Treatment! No banana!!! All the Drama for Honey... You gotta be kidding me...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Virgin Coconut Hair Serum

organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, virgin palm oil, grapeseed oil, rose petal, blend of essential oils
We need before and after pics BabyDimple... are you natural? What's your hair type? When are you going to use it so I can come and see your results. :grin:

That's all? I wonder how well it works now. It looks like an oil/honey treatment. I used to do hot oil with honey too. I was expecting something more potent from the description.

Maybe it works better than just oil and honey.

FINALLY.... :pray:

Yea...CARMEL Treatment! No banana!!! All the Drama for Honey... You gotta be kidding me...:rolleyes:

:giggle: I think I will try a caramel treatment one of these days.

Re: Diva Smooth (Smooth Hair No Relaxer) Ingredient List: Listed Inside

Then they use acids rather than keratin. It's like Curlaway Relaxer because it's got the same ingredients except, it's a gel (and it stinks!!). Does this product have that funny smell?

No funny smell, actually reminds me of black strap molasses that granny use to cook with. It took me back to childhood and granny's tea cakes LOL

Back