Discouraged

chocolatedoll18

So i've been transitioning about 10 months now and im really discouraged by the growth i have. my natural hair is about 2 1/2 inches long and this saddens me because i have really been thinking about big chopping but decided against it because i feel like i wont have enough hair to do anything with.

I have my hair in twists right now and just looking at how long the natural part of my twists are makes me sad/mad (they're not even ear length). as i look at other ladies progress pictures it seems as if some went from big chop to big puff in about the time i've been transitioning (10 months). It makes me really hate that i have such a slow growth rate.

I dont really use growth aids but it seems as if thats what im gonna have to do to get the growth that i want and i dont even know if they will work.

I really just need uplifting i guess. Can anyone with experience give me advice?

What's your regimen? Some people's hair grows a lot slower than others just like some people's grows faster. I wouldn't be discouraged. Think about how healthy your natural is so far!

well since I don't know what you are doing to your hair everyday I don't know what to say. Just don't worry about length right now and concentrate on keeping your hair healthy. You have to learn what your hair needs. when I first started I had set backs because of me trying everything everyone else was doing and found out those things did not work for my hair. I had to start all over again. but I say if your like twist keep your hair twisted just make sure that it stays moist.

i'm exactly the same way. I did the big chop anyway.Sometimes I get depressed because the back is about 1 inch and grows so slowly,growth aids dont even work in that area of my head

don't feel bad. it takes time. i went from a fade to SL within a year. i can't handle transitioning, i'm too impatient, so i think you are doing a really good job. as long as you aren't experiencing breakage and taking proper care of yourself, the hair growth will come.

i wouldn't bc right now if i were you, it will be too shocking for you.

Slow grower checking in. I know its hard but you can't use other peoples growth rates to measure your success. People who started transitioning after me have surpassed me in length but that doesn't take away from the fact that my hair is unique and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Length will come eventually but you have to enjoy the journey. Set your own goals based on your own growth rate and before you know it you'll be sporting a giant puff too

i'm exactly the same way. I did the big chop anyway.Sometimes I get depressed because the back is about 1 inch and grows so slowly,growth aids dont even work in that area of my head

Ese88

Awww. We need to have a support thread. I did the same thing. Just BC'd didn't care, because I really just want nice healthy hair. Even if it's not long. I'm a slowwwww grower too :-(

Thanks ladies, i have been wearing braids under a wig for a month now but its getting hot and i cant take the wig. Before then i would wear twistouts and buns. I usually co wash every week or will wash with shampoo every two weeks (still trying to get my regimen down). i deep condition every time i wash and i moisturize with elasta qp mango butter or hawaiin silky 14 in 1. i seal with castor oil (until i get some coconut oil). i have no breakage just minor shedding.

Im just tired of the two textures which make certain styles not last long at all. Im just going to suck it up and go back to wigs and sew ins

:bighug:

I feel you. I agree with Foxglove. It's a little discouraging to see others' progress. I'm still struggling for full SL even when others have gone on to APL. I stopped being discouraged and just started concentrating on my hair's health. I also agree with shortdub78.

Back