Disappointed in Colourshines

UmSumayyah

Where's the shine? The color took, as the slightly brownish parts are now black. But I was expecting some shine and I don't see a difference between this and Bigen. (Well, except that Bigen stains surfaces and Cshines wipes right off--a big plus).
I've got bluish hands and no blinding shine to show for it. What did I do wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Where's the shine? The color took, as the slightly brownish parts are now black. But I was expecting some shine and I don't see a difference between this and Bigen. (Well, except that Bigen stains surfaces and Cshines wipes right off--a big plus).
I've got bluish hands and no blinding shine to show for it. What did I do wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, tell us what you did.

Day before yesterday I put Dabur Vatika on my hair.
Yesterday I shampooed it out with Shikai moisturizing shampoo.
Followed with Salerm Wheat Germ oil mask (since colourshines is a cuticle sealant, I wanted to be sure my hair was soft prior) deep conditioned under hood dryer for 15 min.
Rinsed it out thoroughly, towel-dried.
Applied Colourshines and put on plastic cap
Under hot dryer for 20 min.
Rinse
Shampoo with moisturizing shampoo
Condition with VO5
Rinse, towel dry.

You should probably skip the extra shampoo and conditioning after using the colorshines. It sounds like you used a tad too many products which may have left a dulling residue on your newly colored hair. After applying a colourshine, you could probably use a light leave in conditioner spray and go ahead and style your hair.

Also, you shouldn't condition before most semi-permanent colors. My steps are:

1. Shampoo
2. apply color and get under dryer
3. Rinse color until water runs clear
4. deep condition

I actually agree w/ the deep condit prior to the rinse since it does act as a sealant. However, I would skip the poo and condit after the rinse. Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
Also, you shouldn't condition before most semi-permanent colors. My steps are:

1. Shampoo
2. apply color and get under dryer
3. Rinse color until water runs clear
4. deep condition

[/ QUOTE ]This is how i put in my semi perm color ....

I agree with KAddy. You should never wash after applying your semi. It really makes a big difference.

I don't think that the 2nd shampoo is necessary if you rinse well (although some colors instruct you to shampoo again). I do think that the 2nd conditioner was a bit much though. After rinsing, just use a good leave in and style. You can jump back into your regimen on the next wash day /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, do you wear your hair straight or curly? You might not notice the shine as much unless your hair is straightened. Ask somebody else if they notice it too. We sometimes can't really see our whole head clearly.

Back