Different hair= Different glasses?

Leeda.the.Paladin

I've always worn glasses. Since I've been natural though, I've been wearing my contacts a lot. Well since I'm back at work I just don't feel like being bothered with contacts sometimes. However, it's time for new glasses as my old pair had an, um, incident, with my 2 year old.
icon_wink.gif

So I was thinking maybe I should just go in a totally different direction with my new glasses. What kind of frames do you think I should get? Or do you think I should just get the same kind I've always worn.

Here's a pic of me with my old hair and old glasses:

relaxed-copy1.jpg

I guess I'm asking if the hair makes a difference in the type of glasses that one wears? Any other 4 eyes out there?

I think you should go in a completely different direction with new glasses now that you are rockin' a new look! The great thing is that eyeglasses are very popular now and you have lots of great frames and designers to choose from.

From your picture, I think you would look beautiful with a bold colored frame, with a nice oval or square shape, in either plastic, metal or a combination of both. Also, to complete the look make sure that your lenses are anti-glare so that if and when you decide to wear eye makeup, your eyes will be seen clearly. :yep: Use up that Thift Spending Account money from work before the year ends (use it or lose it!). :blush:

I want to say to take this to the fashion thread, just because I think you may be able to get more replies and quicker. Now for your question:

I'm a simple person, so I would suggest not to do the oval frames, and maybe try something more rectangular and a nice brown would be nice too.

I think you should go in a completely different direction with new glasses now that you are rockin' a new look! The great thing is that eyeglasses are very popular now and you have lots of great frames and designers to choose from.

From your picture, I think you would look beautiful with a bold colored frame, with a nice oval or square shape, in either plastic, metal or a combination of both. Also, to complete the look make sure that your lenses are anti-glare so that if and when you decide to wear eye makeup, your eyes will be seen clearly. :yep: Use up that Thift Spending Account money from work before the year ends (use it or lose it!). :blush:

I totally agree :yep: How about a pair similar to these? I think they would look really nice on you!
casta_glasses.jpg

I had similar frames as you did in the first picture, OP. I had those things forever. I have contacts, too, but most days I still wear my glasses to work, especially since I'm pregnant and most days my contacts are too uncomfortable to wear. Now, I have frames similar to the ones that Poca suggested (but a bit more rounded), and I love them.

Old frames (February):
feb.jpg

New Frames (August):
0808081301.jpg

I had similar frames as you did in the first picture, OP. I had those things forever. I have contacts, too, but most days I still wear my glasses to work, especially since I'm pregnant and most days my contacts are too uncomfortable to wear. Now, I have frames similar to the ones that Poca suggested (but a bit more rounded), and I love them.

Old frames (February):
feb.jpg

New Frames (August):
0808081301.jpg

I love your new frames.

I'm wearing thicker plastic frames like the ones in the picture you guys show. Well, mine are like a rounded rectangle, not completely square like those. I think these type of glasses are more in style now. 10 years ago they seemed to be coming in as geek chic, before that they were just geek where plastic was what nerds or poor people wore, and now they're pretty mainstream hip. I have two pair that I got at America's Best for $70. The other pair is a thinner metal frame that is a light purple. Usually I wear contacts, but when I wear glasses I usually chose by my clothes rather than my hair. When I want to be very feminine, though, I bypass the chunky glasses.

Yeah I know I probably need to update anyway...I always used to promise myself that I would get something more contemporary and then I always get the same kind. I will definitly be getting some of the chunkier ones...I can't decide on the square or oval though.

I really felt that with my hair so different I needed a different look in that department. Thanks for the input ladies!

I totally agree :yep: How about a pair similar to these? I think they would look really nice on you!
casta_glasses.jpg

Those are cute and would look good on you! I would like something like those, but just need to find them.

I'm getting tired of my current pair as well. They're OK, but I've had them for 2 years.

Copy2ofPC140661-1.jpg

Ok ladies, here are the ones that got today. In the store, I kept going back to the same old same old which are the same ones that I always get. But luckily my friend was with me and helped me pick out a good pair. I also got a good deal on these. I think they look pretty good.

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

I like them. they look very good on your face.

Ok ladies, here are the ones that got today. In the store, I kept going back to the same old same old which are the same ones that I always get. But luckily my friend was with me and helped me pick out a good pair. I also got a good deal on these. I think they look pretty good.

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

I love it! :grin: Exactly what I had in mind for you. You look fabulous, Carameldiva! Good choice. I can't even call you out for playin' it safe with the color :lachen:

Last edited:
I lost my old glasses and before those had secretary looking glasses (which was a change for me then) so I went today and chose these which is another change of my style.

showimg.asp

Nice, Moustacy!!! I love the shape and the color :yep:

Thank you I think they're pretty wack but they didn't have them in a different color just looking around for a picture of them I saw they make them in black and white now I'm like :ohwell: lol it's cool though here are the old ones im rocking now til those come.

picture_292399.jpg

You don't like them? Why did you buy them? Maybe you can exchange them for the black and white pair? If you are going to be wearing only one pair, I say go for the black and white frames.

Thank you I think they're pretty wack but they didn't have them in a different color just looking around for a picture of them I saw they make them in black and white now I'm like :ohwell: lol it's cool though here are the old ones im rocking now til those come.​

picture_292399.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02985.jpg
They are just right!

You don't like them? Why did you buy them? Maybe you can exchange them for the black and white pair? If you are going to be wearing only one pair, I say go for the black and white frames.

I mainly wear contacts 5 days of the week but when I'm home or not at work ill wear the regular glasses so it's no biggie. The frames were basically $8 after my insurance normally $138 so I figured why not lol They only carry them in that color so I can't exchange them for black and white believe me I would have if I could.

Thanks ladies!

Mousstacy, I like them! I think they will look cute on you, maybe you will change your mind when you get them.

The glasses you picked are perfect for you I am glad you are happy with your choice!​

I like your new glasses OP! They look great on you.

Here are my new glasses and I :love: them. I was going to tell you about these but you already got a pair by the time I saw this thread. Anyhoo, here they are - the finish is Gunmetal.
DY5556_6369128.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

These are very cute!

I love the glasses you ladies have in this thread. I plan to update my glasses in January and I will definitely be using these tips.

Back