Diff. brand of neutralizing shampoo than relaxert?

UmSumayyah

I know this has been asked before and I promise you, I did a search. But I already have a headache and it's getting bigger trying to do the search.
Can I use a different brand of neutralizing shampoo than the relaxer? I have 2 different brands of neutralizing shampoo, but both are different from the relaxer I bought.
If its a bad idea I will go out and get the right shampoo. If not I'd rather use what is already in the closet.
Ideas? First or second-hand experiences?

Please?

Hairdressers do it all the time. I've never tried this myself though, but it's been done on my head.
laugh.gif

I would really like to know the answer to this as well since I have this HUGE bottle of Motions Neutralizing shampoo that I should use up!!

I've done that a LOT, using a different brand neutralizer. I had a generic neutralizing shampoo that I used with any relaxer. No problems. As long as its neutralizing shampoo it should be fine.

Sure!

I use Elasta QP relaxer and Motions Neutralizing Shampoo. I haven't had any problems at all!
wink.gif

my dumb stylist who may become my ex-stylist says "Oh no Ankhesenamen, I have to use the same brand of relaxer and neutralizing shampoo. So leave all that other stuff at home."

look i am really trying not to be mean and hostile but i abhor all stylists now
whip.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
look i am really trying not to be mean and hostile but i abhor all stylists now
whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both. My last experience has me so traumatized that I don't think I will ever trust a stylist again. I swear I'd be this close to bra-strap if it hadn't been for her.
mad.gif

Back