Did my Bantu Set today-What styles are other Transitioners sportin??

jainygirl

I shampooed this morning and put my hair in 4 bantu knots (ala Pookeylou /images/graemlins/wink.gif) They are almost finished drying so i cant wait to see how this comes out. My goal is to follow the advice given by Pookeylou of not straightening my roots to match my relaxed ends, but to instead wear styles that have little manipulation to my roots -- rollersets, bantu knots, braidouts, buns, french braids or a ponytail. Whew--that was alot for me to say /images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

I was just curious to find out what current style you all are sportin and what products are you using to achieve your style ?? For my bantu set i used Sof N Sheen on my new growth (i know -- bad glycerin-- but i really like Sof N Sheen /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and on my relaxed ends i applied NTM Silk Touch before twisting into a bantu set. Maybe this will give each of us different ideas for styles and how to achieve them by sharing info with each other. TIA -- jainygirl

I am not the one to ask about styles. I wear the same style that I wore when I had a perm. My version of a bun. Put hair in a ponytail and on the second twist, don't take the hair all the way through. In other words, ends tucked under ponytail. But I bought some perm rods the other day and I'm going to try to set my hair with those. For some reason, I'm thinking that 24 will not be enough. All right, bump that. I'm going to do a braidout and use the perm rods for the ends. I'll take pictures if it turns out all right.

Hey Jainygirl,

My style for the last 16 months has been- bun, bun, bun and more bun /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Just kidding, but it is 60% of the time. I have recently perfected my straw set and my twist out (flat twisted back). I make sure my hair is really saturated, apply leave, defining cream (not stiff) and light oil. When I untwist, I use avocado butter. I usually air dry - which takes forever!

On the twist outs I do about 6-8 rows and either rod the length in the back or bantu knot the base in the back.

Ponytails. I don't like messing with my hair too much, so a ponytail is the easiest thing for me to do. I've been wearing a ponytail for the past 6 months.

Hi fellow transitioners. I've been transitioning since April of this year. And, I've worn roller sets, braid outs, twist outs, pony tails and buns so far. Like you, Jainygirl, I did my very first bantu knot set recently. The results were so-so. My mom says that I've come up with more styles for my transitioning hair than I ever did when my hair was completely relaxed. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I must admit, though, that most of the time, I sport a braid out.

Just a side bun for me! I was doing different styles...but it was too much manipulation. When I get more of these relaxed ends cut @ the end of this month...I will do braid-outs every now and then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Off topic...welcome aboard Pryncesa. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back